JVC marshmallow isolation
Apr 17, 2007 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ywd

100+ Head-Fier
Do the fx33s isolate very well? I have heard conflicting things on this.
Anyone feel they can give me an approximate # of DBs that these isolate? How do they hold up against "real" iems like the er6 or um1, or active cancellation phones like bose or sony ones?
Note that i'm not asking about the sound quality of them...

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 11
Mine isolate as well as my e2c's...If you have music playing through them you won't be distracted easily.

With both my e2c's and my marshmallows I can pause the music and have a conversation with people around me, but it is hard to hear them.

I'd say the fx33s isolate well.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 11
The isolation is nowhere near as good as my iM716s, but they isolate well enough to be used on the road. I don't think I could be able to listen to other people talk to me with the FX33 still in my ears, though.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They isolate well, with the volume at med-high, youll be in your own little world.

what he said; they isolate enough to cut off the rest of the world, but you can still communicate with them in with no music playing.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, wouldn't say they compare to ER-4, as expected, but I was surprised to find out that they are quite good. When I run, I take them with me, and there's a water cooling plant which pummels down water from few stories high, and I don't notice it.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone give an approximate DB number?
How do they work on airplanes?

They would be better than nothing on an airplane, but not as good as real IEMs. Airplanes are pretty loud. I only made one roundtrip after getting my iM616s and they really worked great. Without the music on, though, engine hum is still audible, though fairly faintly. I haven't used Marshmallows in that environment but I would imagine the engines would still be loud enough to be annoying, depending on your tolerance. It would be easier to talk to your neighbor or hear the pilot/attendants with Marshmallows. I missed announcements with the iM616s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back