JVC Marshmallow - after 24 hours burn in and Shure sleaves = WOW
Feb 17, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Camille, you're from Vancouver and you own a set of Marshmallows, right? Where the hell did you find a pair? It seems like I've searched high and low and can't find any.

Well I got mine in a US Wal-Mart. However, I THINK I saw them in the Kelowna London Drugs. I know they had V-Moda Bass Freqs (I was hoping for Vibes), but I'm not positive about the MMs.

Steve

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to get the small grey soft flex E3/4/500 sleeve on and yes, the tubing is (ripped) off. I'm aware that it stretches (I used 2 plastic stick thingies to try) but right now I'm out of ideas as to how to get it over the Marshmallow tips.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only Shure tips that I know of that work on the Marshmallow without heavy modifications are the E2 series, that's what my foamies are.

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You said that burn in helped? I heard it only makes a difference for headphones. Can anyone else concur that pink noise helps canalphones/iems? is it only for marshmellows?

I dont dare suggest that this is psychological...
icon10.gif

they are probably dynamic drivers like e2c, ex series, and canalphones, and not balanced armatures. so yes, it probably helps the marshmellows

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badmf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only Shure tips that I know of that work on the Marshmallow without heavy modifications are the E2 series, that's what my foamies are.

You are correct. The E2's are the ones you need. I've got the E3/4/5 foamies on my Marshmallows. I got them to fit but it took a lot of work to make it happen.

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Camille, you're from Vancouver and you own a set of Marshmallows, right? Where the hell did you find a pair? It seems like I've searched high and low and can't find any.

Future Shop and A&B sound carry them to name a few.

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by urklab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have either of you tried the jbl 220's?

I've got the JBL 220's and the Marshmallows. I like both of them, but they're quite different.

The JBL's are much cleaner and clearer overall. The bass is lower and tighter. The mids and highs are both crisper and clearer. Marshmallows are kind of bass-heavy and warmer sounding.

The big difference is the isolation. JBL's are pretty open, allowing me to hear lots of ambient noise. I like that in some situations but not in others.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #25 of 35
i just got marshmellows and they suck. a lot. currently burning them in with pink noise. the tips blow as does the fit, unless i put them in a la shure. how do you take off the grey part so i can put e2 tips on them?

anyone mess with the paper filter? the bass is all i hear and i can hardly hear the highs. i have no idea how people could call these better than the e2c's, although i only heard them breifly before i kramer modded them.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #26 of 35
I just got the Marshmallows the other day. They aren't that bad, but they aren't that exceptional either. They are a good value for the price. But I guess I can't expect anything more for a $20 IEM. They are a bit too dark for my taste, and I am still getting used to the closed sound, coming from Grado SR60s which have an airy sound. The one thing I really like is the isolation. They are great for blocking out external noise.

I've tried the mod as suggested by kramer, and the sound is a notch better, but still bassy and dark.

Anyways, DoomzDayz to take off the grey tube, you have to know that it is glued on at the end. To take it off just use a bent paperclip and work the metal tip between the grey rubber tube and the inner plastic body. Swirl around until you see it tear a bit at the end. Then you can just use an exacto knife to finish cutting it off. Hope this helps!

BTW this is my first post!!

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by echiang06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JVCs are delicious, but like their real-world counterparts, they lack nutrition, IMO, of course.

hehe, a good way to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back