JVC HARX700 or Panasonic RP-HTF600S?
May 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tuanh714

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers, 

I've recently read a billion reviews about how awesome the Panny's are, and the same goes for the JVC's. Apparently, both have been praised aplenty around here. How do these two compare? I'm not really interested in any modifications. I listen to quite a huge variety of music. Pop, classical, jazz, rock, metal, techno, and quite a few instrumentals. I don't mind bass, as long as it's good. I'd prefer a warm sounding pair of headphones over a cold-sounding analytical pair any day. That's what drove me away from the Superlux 668B, due to the reviews.

Comfort? Durability? Bass? Mids? Highs/Treble? How do they sound?

May 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 3
comfort: very comfortable, but earcups tend to get very hot/sweaty. velour pads would fix this.
durability: they seem pretty durable so far, but all cheapish plastic, so i wouldnt treat them too poorly.
bass: bass is the strong point of these headphones, its impactful and extends fairly well without bleeding into the mids too much. but naturally, mids are recessed.

in my experience, they were initially unimpressive. after a day of "burn-in," they sounded much better to my ears. more clarity, tighter bass with less bloat. definitely a solid choice for $30. 

May 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the Panasonics. If your budget is around $30, might as well get them because they're a great choice at that price and especially for what you want. They'll definitely make your music a bit more fun to listen to.

Two notes on something that I can actually judge (I'm so new to this): One, the plastic is flimsy, but if you aren't throwing it around, it'll hold up. Two, the heat/sweat was a problem for me, but my ears got used to them and now never sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back