JVC HA-S900 Any opinions?
Oct 14, 2008 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vault

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been looking for a pair of protable headphones and have been doing the search thing - HD-25/ES7/Bose OE/PX200/etc.

My main criteria (apart from sounding great) is comfort and a padded headband, but not too large that I look like a starship trooper. For reference my Eggos stick out too far (I shave my head).

I noticed these babies and wondered if anyone had any opinion or comments. Are JVC a reputable brand?

21633.jpg

Here's a link to the headphones.

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 4
I've since done a search and while no one has actually reviewed them, the sentiment could be that these are overpriced. I guess this is a call out to anyone who "actually" has owned a pair for any comments
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 4
um well i would rather go with a company like grado but their sound is subjective or you can get a pair of used sennheisers also I mean JVC is reputable but they are not a high end company

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 4
I own it for around a year.
Very confortable and light. Easy to drive with even IPhone.
Original Sound quailty is good. Very rich and musical.

I damp the front baffle with damping material ( Sorbothane and some material as anti-slide pad used cars) so the " plastic " sound disappears
I also changed the pad to a thinner and wider one.

Now the sound quality is superb. It is the best portable headphone I've ever heard.

Try to get hold of it as shops like Amazon is clearing the stocks, and it's production  has been discountinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back