JVC HA-S160 / Portable On Ear Auto EQ Question
Dec 21, 2020 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

angoraBedsocks

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

Long-time lurker here. Because of Head-Fi I've been on a journey of headphone experimentation and it's been a lot of fun!

I've tried K701s, DT770s, various models of Superlux, the JVC HA-S500s, Sony 7506s, K612s, KSC75s and Porta Pros, Grados and more. I bought a Walnut V2, a Zishan Z2 and a Sansui AU-101 - all because of reading this forum!

My headbanded KSC75s with Yaxi pads are by far my favourite go-to pair, however I have a problem that I've spent hours researching without finding an answer.

I listen to most of my music in bed. The KSC75s are excellent for this except they disturb my wife because they leak a lot of sound.

As a result I'm after a small, on-ear pair of headphones that are closed back with an Auto Eq profile (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq). Also needs to be reasonably cheap and available in the UK.

Unfortunately (for me) cheapo on-ear headphones aren't always the most popular candidates for testing and eq-ing!

I own some JVC-S160s which are the perfect size for listening to when lying on a pillow and they have a decent sound signature, however I can't find an EQ profile to improve the sound.

Can anyone help or suggest an alternative?

Thanks,

angoraBedsock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back