JVC HA-RX700 as portables?
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mow_the_hawk

500+ Head-Fier
Well, lately I have seen a lot of hype for the JVC HA-RX700/900. I was thinking about getting the HARX700 for portable use. It does not have to isolate that well, they should be better than the PX100 I am using now. I mainly listen to indie/ acoustic music. I want to get them because I think the PX100 have a little too much bass for me. Would these be a good option? And would the HARX900, AT ES7, or HD25-1 be better for that genre? I would be using these out of an iPod unamped. I could use an amp if necessary, I have one.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 9
If you'd wear them in public, you are very, very brave.

They make you look like you have a square head with some curvy antenna thing on top.

But yes, they do sound excellent for the price. I'm loving mine.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 9
If you were on a budget, I would say yes. However, I would get some better IEMS for portable.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, but do you know how they sound with my genre?

I not sure that indie/ acoustic music is, but my JVC HA-RX900 are just fine for soundscape.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 9
It'll fit your genres just fine (mostly what I listen to), but you'll also have to deal with SES (sweaty ear syndrome).
They're definitely worth the 34 bucks. They're just on the bulky side. Oh, and they'll give you a groove in your hair were the band rests.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 9
dclancy: thanks. and I have no problem with that. lol.

spacemanspliff: I am completely fine with my IEMs, I just also wanted a portable headphone that wasnt an IEM.

Can anybody compare the HARX700 to the other HPs I listed in the OP.

Nov 24, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 9
I only have brief (maybe a week) experience with the PX100's before returning them. If you thought they were bass heavy, the X700's might crack a tooth. Wish I could comment on the others. While checking out portable options earlier this year, I scoped the es7 and 25-1's. Price was a bit of a put off for portables, but I almost clicked buy on two separate occasions on the d1001's.
And to note, I don't sweat very easily, but extended use builds up a bit of moister around the pads. It's not much, so it may not effect your decision, just want to ensure full disclosure.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 9
Ok. Yeah, price isnt a huge problem, if either of those were THAT much better, I would buy them. Any more thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back