JVC HA-G770 a 28$ hd555 killer -lightning strikes again -sort of
Nov 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by micmacmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ourfpshero, care to give an A/B/C comparison of the G770, RX700 and RX900?

i dont have the 900 (yet)
between the 700 and 770 -

the 700 seems better built and is more comfortable. has a 'wow-whats that?' effect on non-headphone peeps. has deep and mellow bass, strong midrange, decent highs. good soundstage for gaming
the g770 has more of a best-buy-gamers can look and feel to it. not as cushy but also doesnt get as hot on the ears. better highs, bass is very strong in your face type, less resonance. not mellow!-this may change with burn in tho. hip hop and dance music thumps with these. with a fiio amp these will vibrate your head with bass if u want. classic rock favors the 700 imo. bigger soundstage for gaming -prob due to cloth pads instead of pleather

for a quick detail comparison i had a goldring dr150 in reach
smily_headphones1.gif
i use the goldring as a music only-not good for gaming headphone.
both the jvc's has much deeper bass than the goldrings. the goldring had much better mids and highs detail. the g770 reached highest notes but harsher than goldring. both jvc's handled much more volume than the goldring

the g770 needs a few days of burn in still for a final comparison. if somebody could find free shipping on these i would say get them now. for the same price as the 700 i like the 700 more.

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #17 of 17
gave a full day burn in yesterday -the hag770 now has a ton of bass. easily more bass than the harx700 but again not as smooth. highs are now slightly less than the 700 (with one layer of felt pad removed). keep in mind that my rx700 has a lot of burn in time by now.

the hag770 is so far a poor bass-heads can. this out thumps some pioneer dj cans i have lying around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back