JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Feb 29, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #181 of 254
3 more days to go. I'm really enjoying the FXT200 (LTD) sound. 

EDIT: 

This is it. The final verdict? These are good. $300 good, maybe. It's just... The FXZ200 are better. You might assume that the newer driver technology would win out, and they do make a compelling case for themselves, but the FXZ200s are better. At everything. There's nothing these (FXT200 LTD) do better. The voices are too close to sound "believable." Everything actually, is too close to sound believable. It's not about whether it sounds bad or fatiguing. It's about how well it creates the illusion of space. They sound more like you are in the middle of the performance in the thick of it. It has a "room filling" sound. The FXZ200 sound more like you're observing that performance, with everything in a straight line, and can sound "quiet" at times. But it works. Everything is placed back enough that there's practically no "shoutiness," and sounds can seem to occupy their own space. I lean more towards the latter presentation. Other times though, I must admit that I really enjoyed the sound of the FXT200s (LTD) from time to time. 

There are songs though, where it doesn't work. One example, has the performer's voice a little too shouty. On the FXZ200, they are placed back far enough. No matter what song, there is noticeable space, and the voices never get fatiguing. The bass also, is unmatched. 

So my recommendation would be to get the FXZ200 with spiral dot tips.  

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #182 of 254
I was deciding between the FXZ-200 and the FXT-200LTD (as an upgrade of my XB90EX). This comment by a customer in Amazon helped me to buy the FXT-200LTD: 'Mids and high not up to par with their cheaper version earphone. Jvc HA-FXT200LTD'
What do you think?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

Never heard the LTD, vanilla fxt200 I wouldn't recommend unless you're looking for more midbass, xb90 can sound a little veiled from the wrong source, so maybe louder highs/details on 200. Though, IMO it's pretty hard to improve on xb90ex from a good source without jumping up the budget- consider sony ex800st/7550 maybe?

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #183 of 254
Just wondering but how does the JVC FXT200 and FXZ200 compare to the Audio Technica ATH-CKR9/10 if anyone has tried any of them?

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #184 of 254
  3 more days to go. I'm really enjoying the FXT200 (LTD) sound. 

EDIT: 

This is it. The final verdict? These are good. $300 good, maybe. It's just... The FXZ200 are better. You might assume that the newer driver technology would win out, and they do make a compelling case for themselves, but the FXZ200s are better. At everything. There's nothing these (FXT200 LTD) do better. The voices are too close to sound "believable." Everything actually, is too close to sound believable. It's not about whether it sounds bad or fatiguing. It's about how well it creates the illusion of space. They sound more like you are in the middle of the performance in the thick of it. It has a "room filling" sound. The FXZ200 sound more like you're observing that performance, with everything in a straight line, and can sound "quiet" at times. But it works. Everything is placed back enough that there's practically no "shoutiness," and sounds can seem to occupy their own space. I lean more towards the latter presentation. Other times though, I must admit that I really enjoyed the sound of the FXT200s (LTD) from time to time. 

There are songs though, where it doesn't work. One example, has the performer's voice a little too shouty. On the FXZ200, they are placed back far enough. No matter what song, there is noticeable space, and the voices never get fatiguing. The bass also, is unmatched. 

So my recommendation would be to get the FXZ200 with spiral dot tips.  

What amp/dac have you tried with these iems , quite intrigued to try first-hand how the FXZ sounds like as most of the time I only compare the 200LTD with woodies. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #186 of 254
Still waiting for someone who can describe the mid and high of fxt200ltd, I am inexperienced so cant quite tell what exactly they are other than "mid feels lush and smooth".
And sounds like FxT200ltd lose to FXZ200, but for a iem that is only 2/3 of fxz200's price i assume its not half-bad

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #187 of 254
  Still waiting for someone who can describe the mid and high of fxt200ltd, I am inexperienced so cant quite tell what exactly they are other than "mid feels lush and smooth".
And sounds like FxT200ltd lose to FXZ200, but for a iem that is only 2/3 of fxz200's price i assume its not half-bad

You can't infer a whole lot from the language until you hear them yourself, and I wouldn't advise anyone to buy them over the FXZ200 + spiral dots. I wouldn't call the mids "smooth," because they are more forward, which can lead to shoutiness here and there. Otherwise, they can be very enjoyable to listen to, because they have a wide sound field that seems to wrap you in the music. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #189 of 254
I spent $158 for the FXZ200, including shipping. And I wrote its review right here. Hopefully I could share same thoughts like Blinkst too.

Warning: loads of comparisons.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #190 of 254
  Just curious, how much did you spend on your fxz200 and fxt200ltd?

When I first got them, they were close to $220. My recent pair was from Amazon, which would be $168 (Shipping and taxes included). My spiral dots were free with the FXT200 LTD; I think they also come with the other 2. FXT200s LTD would be $112 (Shipping and taxes included). 

And I wrote its review right here. Hopefully I could share same thoughts like Blinkst too.

Warning: loads of comparisons.

You knocked it out the park. Re: 

Lastly, it offers a wide soundstage while retaining good imaging (or spatial location) of its predecessor, the FXT90. The lesser upfront mid and edgy treble largely contribute to a bigger soundstage and distance while its separated bass give excellent depth. The JVC did a great job on tuning the woofer - it gives ample bass that does not interfere with midrange and treble. As the result, it does not suffer on congestion like in many bass-head earphones - one good example is the Yamaha's EPH-M200 which I reviewed a while ago. However it does not have holographic soundstage due to lack of airiness (like sparkles) and transparency of hybrid earphones like the Dunu DN-2000 or Sony's XBA-A3 though.

I don't have too many songs that feature sparkle, but one of the few I did, does have some height on the FXZ200. First 20 seconds: 

This also exhibits a "room filling" sound:

I definitely agree though: they have room for improvement. Even though the soundscape is wide and has depth, it doesn't feel "3D." I've heard nice things (2) about the Woodies that make me want to try them later this year.

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #191 of 254
I was also considering to buy the Sony XBA A3, too expensive as compared with JVC's FXT-200LTD. What about the bass -midbass and especially sub-bass- as compared with the FXZ-200? And soundstage? Is it worth to replace my FXT200LTD for an old FXZ-200?

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #192 of 254
I was also considering to buy the Sony XBA A3, too expensive as compared with JVC's FXT-200LTD. What about the bass -midbass and especially sub-bass- as compared with the FXZ-200? And soundstage? Is it worth to replace my FXT200LTD for an old FXZ-200?

I only tried them in a store a while ago, I think A3 has more bass quantity than Z (I believe it uses similar driver to xb90 but with a different coating so not quite as much according to the basshead thread) , can't really comment about soundstage.

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #193 of 254

Absolutely. But they'll need 200hrs and the same spiral dot tips. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #194 of 254

The A3 has engaging and explosive signature. It delivers reverberating yet strong sub- and mid-bass combined with rich midrange and treble sparkles that give the illusion of holographic soundstage. However it has a blatant weakness where it has sharp emphasis on upper-mid/lower treble, making cymbals, percussions, and tizzy notes sound unevenly prominent. If you are sensitive to cymbal crashes, the A3 may not be a good pick. I spent great time comparing FXZ200 to many different earphones I have but the A3 weakness was easily exposed due to my treble sensitivity.

You cannot get wrong picking up the FXZ200. It offers friendlier and balanced sound that fits to every songs no matter how harsh or bad the recordings are. If you are looking for more livelier and aggressive signature, the FXT200LTD may suit you well - though I have never heard it, it may have similar signature to the FXT90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back