JVC HA-FXC50 isolation: are they open or closed?
Oct 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DervishD

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like my friend is going to buy the JVC's finally, although he likes the SoundMAGIC PL50 too. I'm writing in his behalf to say a big THANK YOU to everybody who helped him, and to ask a final question.

He has read somewhere that the PL50 have a very decent level of isolation, and he wondered (and me, too), if the JVC HA-FXC50 have good isolation or, in other words, if they are open or closed.

If he finally buys the JVC model he will write a review and I will translate for him and put it here. If he buys the PL50... well, I think there are more than enough information on Head-Fi!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Raúl & Álvaro.

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks, mythless
smily_headphones1.gif

I knew that the JVC HA-FXC50 are canal phones, but noise isolation, in my experience, varies from model to model, that's why we were asking. My friend wants a lot of isolation (if possible) and wanted to know if, all things considered equal (same or similar tips), the JVC provided more or less isolation than the SoundMAGIC PL50, for example.

I had JVC Air Cushion in the past (IEMs, too) and they provide better isolation than the JVC Marshmallow, using the same black foam tips. Given that the PL50 comes with assorted tips, maybe it is a better model in terms of isolation, but we were just wondering, since the JVC puts the driver into the ear, so maybe the isolation is good :?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 8
There is no such thing as an open IEM AFAIK. Some are semi-closed, but most are closed. The FXC50 is pretty average in terms of isolation, as is the PL50 for that matter. The assorted included tips, especially the foamies, are what makes the PL50 isolation above average for most people, as you noted. The JVC's are fine for most uses.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 8
I use FXC50 with my iPhone and they are very good for there price with overall clear soundquality with crisp punchy bass. The Isolation is better on these IEMs for everyday use and even in noisy envirenment.

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi ljokerl
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no such thing as an open IEM AFAIK. Some are semi-closed, but most are closed. The FXC50 is pretty average in terms of isolation, as is the PL50 for that matter. The assorted included tips, especially the foamies, are what makes the PL50 isolation above average for most people, as you noted. The JVC's are fine for most uses.

That's exactly what I wanted to know
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought that there were open IEMs too. I know (well, I've read it somewhere) that the JVC Marshmallow are semiopen, and I didn't know if the FXC50 was semiopen, open or closed.

Well, then my friend is going to buy the FXC50, probably, the isolation was the only doubt left.

Raúl

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi Zarim
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use FXC50 with my iPhone and they are very good for there price with overall clear soundquality with crisp punchy bass. The Isolation is better on these
IEMs for everyday use and even in noisy envirenment.

Thanks a lot for the information
smily_headphones1.gif

Raúl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back