JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Dec 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #572 of 578
  I like the DX90 with my FX850.

Yeah, DX90 is a good match but isin't it discontinued ? Fiio X5 is also good with it.

It is discontinued but you can still buy it. The X5 is great as well and Im actually selling mine.

Thanks Dude for your recommendation
yeah DX90 now is discontinued :frowning2:
i hope ebay still have an old stock :D
how about DX80?

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #574 of 578

Thanks Dude for your recommendation
yeah DX90 now is discontinued :frowning2:
i hope ebay still have an old stock :D
how about DX80?

Amazon has a bunch of them for 379.00 USD

I have not tried the DX80 but Im a fan of the DAC they are using and think the pairing would be good to.

thanks dude for your recommend :)
honestly today i've already testing dx80 on my fx850
and the result is i feel soundstage a little bit narrow and vocal feel slightly thin
how bout fx850 + Sony NWZF887 or fx850 + Cowon M2?
Do u still prefer dx90?

May 20, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #577 of 578
When I first got the FX-850, the first impression is that it is as bad as everybody tells, the mid/treble is recessed, the bass is out of nowhere and does not bend with the rest of the spectrum, just like all of the sudden a bass wave slam into the head with so much energy that has its own way.  According to many others, this requires burn in, so I have decided to give it a shot to be fair.

I do not like the OFC cables, I do not use any OFC cables for just about anything any more.  They just can't balance the mid/high well, too layback in my tasted.

I have decided to make new cable, taking out all gold plated stuff, using OCC to control the bass more and silver and rhodium connectors.  After two weeks of burn in the sound is incredible.  The bass hump is gone.  The bass is now flat and extended especially in live recording and some heavy bass drum recording(Chinese, Japanese), I have never heard any other IEM went this far to render the size of the drums this real.  The treble and highs are now all forward and real, the feel of violins in concert halls are correct, the full size piano's sound is also real in violin sonatas.  The bass is now getting to the range that I cannot say it is too much but in the range of being right.

This is a very sensitive IEM.  During the burn in, I have to change the wires inside my earphone amp to make sure the sound signatures is the same with or without the amp.  The sound changes everyday during the past two weeks.  Yes the sound is sweet and smooth, a little more than real but so is a lot of speaks.

Now I start to really enjoy the FX850 now, all the instrument an vocals has its own right in the ears, don't blend to each other yet comes together lovely.  The reverb of concert halls are beautiful in live recordings.

I still not quite satisfy with the quality yet, but hope some further improvements with burn in.  I am waiting for the bass to get more tighten up which I think it will make the listening experience closer to the real thing.

At this point, what I can say is that the treble/mid is not recessed, instruments sound very real to me now.

I have to write this up because I am very happy with the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back