JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Jan 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #436 of 578
spent my first day with the 850s, wow these have some kick. Regarding bass thoughts, my initial impressions those spiral tips add a bit of meat to the sound, (due to good seal?). they are very nice quality tips, I tried in comparison some generic cheap silicone ones which were same size and shape, just a little bit thinner material. the thinner tips seem a bit more open and neutral, lively if you will

I also was pleasantly surprised to see how the bass changes wearing the earphones over the ear. I wasn't sure if would be a good idea with them being fairly big, but I find them more comfortable resting in the ear compared to gravity tugging away on them. Most important, the angle over the ear trims a lot of that fat

Looking for ward to trying the mods later  
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #437 of 578
Has anyone used a custom cable on the fx850's ?

I'm looking for one but not too sure what.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #438 of 578
Has anyone used a custom cable on the fx850's ?

I'm looking for one but not too sure what.

I'm curious about custom cables for the FX850 myself. I don't think I need one quite yet because the IEM is still pretty new to me, but I will be looking into a custom cable at some point.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #439 of 578
  I'm curious about custom cables for the FX850 myself. I don't think I need one quite yet because the IEM is still pretty new to me, but I will be looking into a custom cable at some point.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I think something like 3% silver gold cable will work amazingly with this IEM.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #440 of 578

I haven't tried it myself yet but I think something like 3% silver gold cable will work amazingly with this IEM.

Does that mean the cable is 3% silver and 97% gold? And how exactly will it affect the sound?

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #443 of 578
I've been dropping not so subtle hints to my wife about the 750/850. Hoping I can get her on board soon about a pair. Asked her if I could use her credit card to get a set tonight. She said sure, I think she was almost serious.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #444 of 578
Just joined this club- my own pair has arrived for my shootout. Did the front mod with a McDonald's straw (just put in on before the tip. It's now like a 'spin-tip'. As in, it spins. And it's a tip.

The McD straw was too big for the back mod though- gonna try again tomorrow with a different brand.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #445 of 578
I thought based on the reviews that these would be my perfect pair of IEMs. They were supposed to have powerful, textured bass with a natural midrange and great treble. They were supposed to be mildly v-shaped, if at all. They were supposed to have great treble.

So I bought a pair used on ebay. Gave them some burn-in time anyway, since the original owner said he didn't listen to them much.

These are literally the worst and most offensive headphones I have ever heard. Sub-bass is amazingly textured and great, but that's where the goodness stops. The upper bass and lower mids are a congested mess. The midrange is offensively recessed--if you called these balanced, you're wrong and your hearing is bad. At volumes where I can comfortably hear guitars, vocals, most instruments--y'know, the music--I'm being attacked by a hot, stabby mess of treble that isn't even all that detailed.

What. I'm pissed.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #446 of 578

I received my JVC HA-FX750 yesterday. Great build quality. The S and L tips don't seal, only the M fit. The bass was a bit too much for me on some tracks. Very happy with the treble quality. I alleviated the bass problem by changing the tips to some old head-direct double flanged tips. The sound is more balanced as a result. It amazes me how much the sound can change with rip rolling. I'm now waiting for some spiral dots to arrive. I won't be going back to the stock tips.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #447 of 578
  I thought based on the reviews that these would be my perfect pair of IEMs. They were supposed to have powerful, textured bass with a natural midrange and great treble. They were supposed to be mildly v-shaped, if at all. They were supposed to have great treble.

So I bought a pair used on ebay. Gave them some burn-in time anyway, since the original owner said he didn't listen to them much.

These are literally the worst and most offensive headphones I have ever heard. Sub-bass is amazingly textured and great, but that's where the goodness stops. The upper bass and lower mids are a congested mess. The midrange is offensively recessed--if you called these balanced, you're wrong and your hearing is bad. At volumes where I can comfortably hear guitars, vocals, most instruments--y'know, the music--I'm being attacked by a hot, stabby mess of treble that isn't even all that detailed.

What. I'm pissed.

I would mess around with different tips or try altering the seal you have with the current ones you are using. Burn-in helps tremendously! And what is your source?

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #448 of 578
I have own so many iem and headphone..everybody will have their own preference. Music is very weird. Is either you like a certain genre or you dont. Hearing them through different IEM or headphone give you similar effect. Is either you like it or dont. There is no such thing as the perfect sound or perfect IEM or headphone.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #449 of 578

I received my JVC HA-FX750 yesterday. Great build quality. The S and L tips don't seal, only the M fit. The bass was a bit too much for me on some tracks. Very happy with the treble quality. I alleviated the bass problem by changing the tips to some old head-direct double flanged tips. The sound is more balanced as a result. It amazes me how much the sound can change with rip rolling. I'm now waiting for some spiral dots to arrive. I won't be going back to the stock tips.

Wait.. What..? The spiral dots ARE the stock tips...

That bass will settle down with burn in, just give it some time and above all, enjoy!

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #450 of 578
Yep, my bad. I just looked again. Out of the box, the bass seemed a bit much, so changed them to the double flanges quite quickly. After 25 hours or so, they sound a touch better. If it is brain adjustment or burn in, others know more than I, but happy enough so far.
As an aside, using the dots with the Narmoo S1,shows a marked improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back