JVC HA-FX300 or JVC HA-FXC80
Aug 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

maximax786

New Head-Fier
Hello my first post here and expecting a warm welcome :p

1) Out of these two which ones are better overall?
2) Any JVC model better than these two?
3) Any other companies model better than these two within this price range?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 11
Look at jvc hafx1x radius atomic lenntek sonix and klipsch s4

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Hello my first post here and expecting a warm welcome :p

1) Out of these two which ones are better overall?
2) Any JVC model better than these two?
3) Any other companies model better than these two within this price range?

Thanks in advance!

I own both. The FXC80 is much better than the FX300. The FX300 sounds really strange and has a metallic sound to it that sounds off.

I own a few other JVC cheapo in-ears, but the FXC80 along with the FXC51 (same driver) sounds similar and the best among all. I should add that I can't stand both comfort wise due to the driver actually positioned in the ear. The FX80 is better as I can wear it around the ear and put elevate some of the downward pressure of the driver.

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks for the quick replies fellas, another thing I would like to know is about their built/wire quality. I have purchased many different kinds of earphones and almost all of them broke right from where the jack is. The wire first gets loose there and then slowly the sound starts fading from one or both the earphones. So any suggestions or recommendations or does this happen with every kind of headphone?

Thanks

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 11
I have to say that the great thing about the FX300 is the small size of them - they are one of the very few headphones that I find fit perfectly in bed and are great at low volume.

Louder volumes though they are less than ideal. I wouldn't recommend for street etc unless you are again listening at lower volumes.

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 11
If you want detail oriented IEMs then RE0, HF5 are much better sounding than FXC80. But for bassheavy i will recommend the Turbine, FXD80, FX3X and Harmen Kardon NI are better sounding IEMs.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 11
The only thing that I would add is that the the HA-Fx300 are available in Bronze in the UK for £11.49 plus postage (the company ships worldwide, I have purchased some spares as backups for bed).

At that price they are one of the hottest bargains in the UK.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 11
Culd you tell me what the difference is between the hafx1x and the hafx3x and whats the price

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #10 of 11
HA-FX1X has smaller dynamic drivers and inferior soundquality compared to HA-FX3X which has biggers drivers and more body to music with more deeper, punchier bass and they worth it over FX1X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back