JVC HA-FX1 "Xtreme Xplosives" vs Urbanears Kransen
Jan 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ccard3dev

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Maxell headset earphones that sound REALLY good and have KILLER bass, but they aren't comfortable.  I wanted a pair that sounds good and is comfortable, so I did a little research, and found the MEElectronics M9P with flat cable and bought them.  I burned/broke them in for 50+ hours and played some music (the music I tried was encoded in the highest quality) and they didn't sound loud at all.  I tried to EQ them, but they got distorted when I did that.  So, I decided to return them and do a little more research and then buy another pair from a different brand.  So, I did my research and found these two:

#1:  JVC HA-FX1 "Xtreme Xplosives"
#2:  Urbanears Kransen

Which of these are best?  These are my requirements:
HEAD-THUMPING BASS while having clear/un-distorted highs and mids, durable design, good looking, comfortable, and a built-in mic and remote is nice to have but not required.  My price limit is $30.  I am planning on buying by January 13 (Monday).

UPDATE:  I just bought the JVC HA-FX1 on ebay for $17.  They should arrive by Thursday, so I will do a review on them then.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 5
I had some Nuforce NE-600X IEMS that had pretty serious, pounding, undistorted bass. Good build quality too. I haven't heard the ones you listed, so no comment there. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 5
The Kransen earbuds performed well for a time.  They eventually started to cut-out however.  They were never abused and were treated quite well, so it came as a surprise when the sound started cutting out.  I have read where others have encountered similar issues.

Pro's:
- extremely comfortable
- excellent noise cancelling
- storage system is clever
- music is very clear

Con's
- while clear, the music could be louder
- bass is lacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back