JVC HA-DX3
Nov 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #106 of 112
  I'm picking up a pair of used DX3's! Hopefully the good will and sound reviews still hold up today than it did 4 years ago? These cans will be replacing my Sony's and my Sanyo retro junkers. I wonder if these things will run well off my E11?

Joker, do you still think they hold up well?? I'm not a fan or big user of cans, so this will probably be my last foray into cans for a good long while. I've got an E11 amp. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #107 of 112
I just put my HARX700's down and got these out. I will say from most of my sources while somewhat entertaining have always been the first to get put away. But I've decided until I figure out how to remedy my D2000 issue to take my time with my HARX700's and DX3's to give them a good listen. Well I plugged them into the HP output of my Denon AVR-1613 and was blown away. They sound so clear and have such deep bass. I wish they could have just a little more impact and thud. They do distort if you go too loud with the bass up. These are not a bass heavy but can take a healthy eq-ing to get a nice dose of clean and heavy bass. I haven't every enjoyed these so much. The FiiO E9 and Auzen Forte made these 'phones sound decent but not even close to this good!

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #108 of 112
was going to ask about low volume on my dx3 but you covered that.. these must be virtually impossible to drive with portable equipment or im using the wrong products. mind you i saw Fiio E6 rated at 300ohms. logic told me they may not work but tried any ways. i just got them by the way im a noob here and new to this rehlm... Advice on good Amp Anyone... That I dont have to Rob Nasa to buy?

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #109 of 112
put it on my Xonar, set to 64ohm+ and they are unleashed! A totally different beast. This thread, though old has helped allot and I got these a while back for low price but didn't use them since both my Fiio E6 and E11 gave me the impression that these had very little gain. And distorted easily when the volume is turned all the way up. They were just hungry. Sorry for waking this sleeping thread. Thanks allot for your majestic guidance :D.IMG_20150117_212811.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #110 of 112
Cheers man! I actually put the HE-400s down and put these on because I needed more isolation.

I've owned mine for years and years and so far they've been great.

Mar 26, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #112 of 112
Another halft decade and still going strong. I have plenty other cans but these get to sit on my ear more often than the others.
That's awesome! I still have mine, but actually use my JVC HA-RX700's more since I added some better pads that were a game-changer. Comfort is excellent, isolation is better but the DX3's still dominate here, overall the RX700's aren't as crisp but are more fun and punchy.

I also ended up getting some AKG K553 Pro's and they had even better isolation, but weren't as comfortable as the DX3's. Though their sound overall, to my ears was much better and entertaining. Better bass, more forward mids, but the DX3's still win in the highs. I probably won't part with my DX3's, but they're put away for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back