JVC FX66 soft tips on UE 5's... NOICE !
Oct 17, 2007 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to share with you UE super fi owners that what I thought was a total loss, has actually turned into a somewhat positive thing in a different way...

I bought the JVC Air buds (FX66's) yesterday, and don't really like them much.. might as well have stuck with the 33's but had to try, ya know ? Anyway, as it turns out, the stock marshmallow tips they come with (along with some flange tips that are typical and don't care much for on the UE's) are a lot smaller than the stock ones that come with the FX 33's and for MY ears, fit a LOT better than any tips I've tried, including the E2c medium foamies.

They're very comfy, and really do provide a lot more isolation for my UE's than anything else I've tried, which is great. They go in so far.... And this is with the ear pieces fitted the proper way. I'd like to find out if someone carries replacement tips for them so I can stock up, because just like the other Marshmallow tips, I'm sure they'll corrode rather quickly or harden as such...

Just thought you guys needed a head's up.

Doug

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the JVC Air buds (FX66's) yesterday, and don't really like them much.. might as well have stuck with the 33's but had to try, ya know ?
Doug

So as a Marshmallow owner you weren't impressed with the Air buds? I've also got the 33s, and after reading the lovefest on the FX66 thread was almost tempted to buy the new offering. Could you explain why you weren't wowed by the Air Buds?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back