Jvc Fx66 or soundmagic pl-30?
Mar 10, 2009 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

david432111

New Head-Fier
I'm wondering with which one I should buy. I'm almost sure that I want the soundmagic pl-30's because of the opinions I've heard around the forums but I'd like some other opinions.

Thanks,

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should get PL-30 if you want sound stage and clarity. BTW, Pl-30 included a lot of accessories, and good build.

That's exactly what I want in a headphone! Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 9
You didn't ask but I have both the fx-33 marshmallows and the fx-66 air cushions and I must say that I like the marshmallows much more. The 66s have a U shaped response: lots of bass and treble--the mids are in the background. I do like a little loudness type sound but the 66s overdo it. While the 33s have a pretty droning bass response I like the mids and treble response. Overall much easier to listen to than the 66s (or the cx-300s or the jbl ref 220s for what its worth). Most cheap phones give you a ton of bass and treble which must sound good to someone, perhaps ppl in their teenage years. The fx-33 does this to a lessor degree which makes them comparatively superior. I also like the design of the foam inserts for comfort and the seal you can get. Wish more canal phones used that style. Just stuff them in your ears and go.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 9
I never had the pl30's but i do have and use the air cushions on a daily basis. Definitely the most comfortable IEM's i've ever used. Much preferred over the marshmallows simply due to comfort.

I wouldn't ever get expensive/high end IEM's. Reasoning? I would only want to use IEM's for traveling...i mean they're portable so i'd use them in portable necessary situations. Because of that, ambient sound (no matter how well the isolation is) & the microphonics/noise from walking just screws with the sound too much to be worrying about having audiophile sound. IMO it's just futile to try and I might as well just get some comfy ear phones that sound decent and just enjoy my music as I walk along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back