JVC fx-33 smaller tip
Aug 30, 2007 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

heatmizer

100+ Head-Fier
Got my marshmallow's in today. After using for a couple of hours my right ear was getting uncomfortable. My right ear canal must be smaller than left. Is there a smaller tip for the fx-33?

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 4
The small shure E2 (orange) foamies are smaller and more comfortable. You can find them on sale on e-bay.

Luckilly, they fit the Mylarone X3s too which is what i have now (and I think are much better sounding).

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F
The small shure E2 (orange) foamies are smaller and more comfortable. You can find them on sale on e-bay.

+1

Also, i think the Shure foamies make the Marshmallows sound better than with the stock tips.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm using the smallest Shure soft flex tips--the "black olives." I found the stock Marshmallow tips put too much pressure on my canals, and the black olives are a big improvement. They seem to soften a little with body heat, and they're relatively easy to clean.

It's necessary to do part of the "kramer mod" for these: pull the gray rubbery sleeve off the post, which is pretty much a standard circumference for various makers' tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back