JVC-FW01 Woodie IEM - Similar sound signature w better fit?
Mar 21, 2020 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ace5000

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I love the sound of these JVC woodies but can't get them to fit in what I thought were normal ears no matter what!
I have tried everything from foam ear tips (works but they stick out and uncomfortable), switching sides, up, you name it.

Is there anything that sounds similar under $300.00?
Powerful big sound, warm/dark, detailed, great timbre... Too much to ask? chifi maybe?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the FD02s, which should be similar in terms of fit.
Did you try all the sizes of the JVC Spiral Dots?
The FD series comes with 4 sizes, S, SM, M, L, and for me the M were a little loose, the L too big, so I ordered Spiral Dots and Psiral Dots ++ ML from Japan.
This was finally the right size, with the regular ones being a little hard (pressure points) but the ++ being very comfortable.

They are still not suited for moving a lot, and at times they can creep a little, but the ++ are really comfy and sound s bit better too.

I hope that helps.

Otherwise I suppose the Periodic Audio might be worth a look, but they have more uneven treble curves and I have the MG and find them even harder to get a decent fit. I never heard the BE though, only going by curve and reputation.

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I did not receive the SDs with the kit from Drop, just std tips although I've read about them. I'll try to give the Psiral Dots ++ a try. I assume you are talking about Monster Gold IEMs? Also, what is the BE?

I'm using Comply foams now. They keep them in but are uncomfortable. Thank you!

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 4
I am talking about the JVC FD01, FD02 and FDX1 (Drop tuned version)
And I am talking about the "Periodic Audio BE" like Beryllium
Not aware of Monster Gold IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back