JVC Esnsy ha-sr85s impressions (ultra rare headphone)
Sep 22, 2015 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audioholic123

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I've been looking to replace my trusty old philips headphones that served me daily for 12 years. I came across the JVC Esnsy's on amazon, and whilst they didn't look practical to me, they certainly looked peculiar. The price was also attractive - $54.
So i took the plunge and ordered a pair, they came in a nice box and all initial impressions were positive. Then i tried them on...and couldn't believe my ears! before you read on, ask yourself what you'd expect for a measly $54? an average all-rounder with high distortion when turning the volume up? or one of those generic designs that several companies re-brand? nope...none of that with these esnsy's. I own many different headphones most of which cost me a fortune and i planned to make these my daily general-use just lying about the house when i need them. But performance-wise, these are in the same league as the famous ( more expensive) mid-fi headphones!

The sound:
They are bass head  'phones with  even more emphasis on bass. But they have a sweet treble with no sibilance at all. The mids perhaps a little recessed but still good too. They also have angled drivers which is a bonus and creates a very natural 3d sound. There are times when an acoustic song or live performance eerily blends into the surrounding environment, much more successfully than my Ultrasone Pro900's, like my very on perceivable subspace within the environment! My favourite thing about them however is they way they portray the music, it's an indescribable euphony that sets them apart from all my other headphones, and seems to give a soul to music. I've only ever heard that euphonious quality in $600 Denon headphones...never before with $54 ones...

These are atypical of headphones, they truly are unique.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-ESNSY-Series-Headphone-HA-SR85S-T/dp/B00BT8QFGU

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 5
  These might be more popular if you could spell the name. I've searched before for them and failed to find them. Esnsy. If I can pick them up for $60 I might grab them soon.

I'm only human, we all make errors
smile.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Esnsy... http://cdn.jvc.eu/esnsy/

A sneeze? Essence-y? Oh I see... Essence of Style.

Anyway, if you measure the interior of the earpads as they sit on your head and can tell me they're 68mm+ tall inside, I'm totally going to be the second person on Head-Fi who owns these. I need an inexpensive closed can to tide me over.

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 5
  Esnsy... http://cdn.jvc.eu/esnsy/

A sneeze? Essence-y? Oh I see... Essence of Style.

Anyway, if you measure the interior of the earpads as they sit on your head and can tell me they're 68mm+ tall inside, I'm totally going to be the second person on Head-Fi who owns these. I need an inexpensive closed can to tide me over.

I've just done some proper measurements for you and can confirm that the length ( top to bottom) inside the earpads when on my head, is approximately 80mm. So no worries there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back