Justin @ Headamp.com
Mar 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

intricate28

Head-Fier
Anyone have any idea how to actually get ahold of this guy? I ordered a Glite from him on Monday and haven't recieved an order confirmation, order number, eta, anthing. I tried e-mailing him 3 times, and calling him 4 times and no answer or call back.........Pretty frustrating after dropping $500 bucks.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 15
I had the same problem, ended up posting here in his pico thread to get attention. Being busy is no excuse. He is less than amateur at running a business (is he 12 in his mothers basement? lol),... but DOES make a decent amp. Be patient. I am glad I purchased from him in the end.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by intricate28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well.....I guess that means that the "estimated" 3 week wait on the Glite probably isn't accurate?

So you've waited three days and thats longer than three weeks?

Justin is super busy all day every day. A victim of his own success. That would certainly imply he can can more than run a business but that he runs one so successful he's being swamped.

Would you prefer that he spend all day answering the phone and replying to emails (no doubt he gets hundreds a day) and sending out amps which go Singlepower on you? Choose your poison. Being busy is the best excuse there is for not dealing with the lower priority aspects of delivering the product.

Justin could probably benefit from some kind of automated email system which stops people from flying into panic attacks at not having their hand held after pressing confirm though. Ebay resellers seem to have them.

This thing comes up from time to time and he always delivers and the product is always excellent.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 15
First off, relax. Haven't flown off the handle, just asking a question based on what I've read regarding his estimated wait times. Also compounded by the fact that I've recieved zero confirmation that my money has gone anywhere. Don't think that that is too much to ask.

On the other hand I can completly see why he doesn't have time to answer a bunch of e-mails. He is a victim of his own success and that is why I ordered his amp (based on glowing reviews). I just wanted to get an idea what I was in for, as I am impatient enough as it is (I usually order next day air on stuff that costs less than the shipping).

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 15
Having "3 weeks till delivery" listed in your signature probably doesn't help you appear less hard-up for the amp, though. You many just have to wait at least 5 weeks, as some have. Be prepared to be patient. It IS well worth the wait, however. The GLite is an AWESOME amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 15
It's probably the lack of communication rather than the waiting that is the problem here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin is super busy all day every day. A victim of his own success. That would certainly imply he can can more than run a business but that he runs one so successful he's being swamped. Being busy is the best excuse there is for not dealing with the lower priority aspects of delivering the product.

LOL. If he could run a business professionally and if he was sooo sucessful he would HIRE SOMEONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS. Anyone who is even remotely commercially literate knows that customer service is NOT the "lower priority aspects of delivering the product".

If I read this thread before I purchased from him, I would have changed my mind on dealing with the guy. If you could run a business worth a damn you wouldn't let potential customers get upset at a ridiculous lack of basic communication and then advertise that failure at a major web-site, and hope that your flock of ***** kissers back you up. The customer who put out $500 is not the bad guy.

Even so, I would recommend again be patient, you're not dealing with Sony, just some guy who makes good amps.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 15
If you're going to sell luxury goods in today's instant gratification society you better be prepared to man the communication lines. I don't think an automated response or a 1 liner indicating the receipt of funds is asking too much, regardless of work load.

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTechKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to sell luxury goods in today's instant gratification society you better be prepared to man the communication lines. I don't think an automated response or a 1 liner indicating the receipt of funds is asking too much, regardless of work load.

Agreed 100%

Mar 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 15
I do think that hiring a communication correspondent would be a great idea (not the first time this has happened, just look at the "similar thread" section below!) for the business in the long term, but I'm sure it's something Justin has thought about many times and decided for whatever reason, it isn't worth it on his end (both practically and financially)... at least not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back