Justin Bieber
Nov 19, 2010 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

cyberidd

1000+ Head-Fier
Before people immediately jump in with "I HAET BEEBER" or "HE HAZ NO SKILLLZ", I want to make a request that this thread be about people's informed or minimally semi-informed opinions. 

So as the title states, this thread is to be a discussion about Justin Bieber.  I have heard endless complaints about this kid, and I can't say that I'm fond of any of his music thats on the radio, but I generally like to do at least some research before whining about things (not always the case, but I try...).  Anyways, early on in the Bieber craze I heard that he had been discovered on youtube where his mom posted videos so his family elsewhere in the country could see and hear him play.  I hunted down one of these videos, a cover of Sarah Mclachlan's Angel.  My first thought was "Oh no, he's going to butcher this beautiful song", but I was pleasantly surprised to hear this:

At this point I was pretty impressed with his vocals compared to what I was expecting what I've heard blasted through hipsters' cars driving by me at my bus stop.  Ok, so I decide to check out another video, a cover of Aretha Franklin's Respect.  IMHO, Bieber's cover is quite impressive!  His vocal range is not too shabby, and his control is pretty good as well. 

So thats it, I've said what I think, now what do you Head-Fiers think?  Is Justin Bieber an artist whose music you love, radio and otherwise; is he a truly talented artist whose vocal abilities are masked by the current top 40 sound; or does he still not impress you with his vocal skills? 

Note:  I am by no means a Bieber fan, and am not trying to suggest that anyone listen to more of his radio stuff, I personally avoid it at all costs!

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 35
I've never really like his voice for some reason? And if you're talking about $..I heard that Angus(Jake from 2 and a half men) is a billionaire because he's been saving all of the money he's made since he started at acting at age 5 or so I've heard(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #8 of 35

Quote:
I've never really like his voice for some reason? And if you're talking about $..I heard that Angus(Jake from 2 and a half men) is a billionaire because he's been saving all of the money he's made since he started at acting at age 5 or so I've heard(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

The kid is actually smart. He says when he is of age he is still going to go to college. Can't remember what he was going to study though. He's earning 250,000 an episode at the moment. Extremely high amount of pay for a kid his age, but I highly doubt, doing the figures, that he'd be a billionaire (assuming you were actually thinking he was a billionaire and not just over exaggerating). Especially considering part of that money still has to go to agents etc.

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

The kid is actually smart. He says when he is of age he is still going to go to college. Can't remember what he was going to study though. He's earning 250,000 an episode at the moment. Extremely high amount of pay for a kid his age, but I highly doubt, doing the figures, that he'd be a billionaire (assuming you were actually thinking he was a billionaire and not just over exaggerating). Especially considering part of that money still has to go to agents etc.

I didn't believe it either..when I heard it..When I looked it up on Forbes ..just said highest paid child actor but yeah he's smart to go to college..better than a lot of teen actors who blow off all their money the second they get it

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 35

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't believe it either..when I heard it..When I looked it up on Forbes ..just said highest paid child actor but yeah he's smart to go to college..better than a lot of teen actors who blow off all their money the second they get it

*cough Lindsay Lohan. Crash and burnnnnnnnn

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 35

Quote:
bieber comes across as a major d-bag, so i doubt he's as smart as angus with his money.   which is a shame for bieber since he's the next aaron carter/hanson/boy band who will be forgotten about soon.

Yeah pretty sure he'll be forgotten and have spent all his money within the next 5 years. He'll have an incredible 5 years though until it all turns to %#^. My guess is most of his money will be spent on hair product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back