Just wondering if B&O A8 is good or bad?
Mar 28, 2003 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

krayzie

500+ Head-Fier
I've always wondered about this... cuz whenever I see someone on the street using it, they look so arrogent thinking that they have the best earphones in the world or something... psh!

Mar 29, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by krayzie
I've always wondered about this... cuz whenever I see someone on the street using it, they look so arrogent thinking that they have the best earphones in the world or something... psh!

Seems to get a decent rating from audioreview. And it looks nice...

Mar 29, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 16
B&O = Bang & Oluffsen?
My experience with b n' on is that their products are mainly designed to look very modern, and be expensive. However the QUALITY of their products is average at best. They put so much time and effort into making the product look so damn good, they forget to MAKE it damn good.
I take A8 is an earbud, if your gonna get an earbud, no question about it go etymotics.
Period.

Mar 29, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 16
I have these. They are best to your eyes or other's eyes. They really look cool. But you can't see them while you are wearing. The only serious application for me is at the gym. I don't want to wear anything covering my ear when I am running on the treadmill. They will be soaked with my sweat and I don't want to wear them again. I don't think I am rich enough to throw away cans after one run on the mill. Senn MX series don't fell secure. They are kind of dangling on my ears. I tried KSC-35 and they hurt my ears. So I am wearing them. My point is I am not using them for ultimate or even better sound. They are earbuds but very secure while I am running and jumping around. They are very comfortable.

So, if you want to look cool, wear them. If you feel uncomfortable with other kinds of cans while you are moving, try them.

Sound wise, ety will be heavenly better and sony 888 will be much better.

Jibra

Mar 29, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 16
Oh... thanks for the tip...

No I can't afford Ety's nor the B&O's... but always wonders how their stuff perform... cuz everyday while walking to school I would go by the B&O store but never have the guts to go in... hehe I dress like a bum...
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 16
B&O is for like the rich lawyer or doctor in town who wants to make his place look ultra modern for an ultra price tag.
Anything B&O is not quality for how the unit that they are making should perform.
TV's, speakers, Plasma's, Headphones, anything...its all just for looks.

Mar 29, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #10 of 16
my brother and i like to call products like B & O and Bose "designer sound" because it's nowhere close to audio. i laugh when i see people with the a8's on. they look so arrogant with these things on, when they could spent $40 less on an E888 or even $80 less for a pair of MX500's. they look less cool, but there's more money in your pocket, and they sound better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 16
Even Bose?!? I thought they make good speakers and $$$ radios... haha oh well, I've been fooled I guess... I've even seen a Bose Store down at the States long ago...

Mar 30, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #13 of 16
yeah... i don't hold Bose in high regard, especially their Lifestyle systems with the subwoofer/satellite setups. to me they sound like crap!
biggrin.gif
for nice speakers, go for B&W, Paradigm, or even Polk Audio if you're on a budget, and match them with at least a nice receiver.

i keep hearing good stuff about the wave radio though, i can't make a judgement on it.

as for Bang and Olufsen, i knew someone in school who had one of those wall unit systems where the two glass panes slide away so you put in the CD, and it sounded like crap! i didn't dare tell him so (mostly because he seemed like a snob), and i find it funny Fisher makes a similar product that sounds just like the B&O and it only costs $200.

he did have a D-555, which surprised me, but i asked him what he thinked of the unit, why he picked this particular one, and he said "the store salesman said it was the best one, so i bought it." this guy is a salesman's dream!
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #15 of 16
The A8 are great. They were made to match the Beosound 2 (a much better sounding DAP than most ipods and the likes). 
I am using mine with high end DAPs (Hifiman 801 and 601) and am very satisfied with them. I am sure the A8 don't sound nearly as good with an ipod...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back