Just when I thought I was out...
Mar 24, 2008 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Big_Irish

New Head-Fier
I get pulled right back in!

Yup, it's been over a year since I've last posted here when I first bought my Senn HD201's, I thought they were the greatest things to ever hit the audio world! A few of you warned me to say goodbye to my wallet, I thought to myself, what are they talking about? they were only 25 bucks!

Well... I now understand. I'm back, and improved
biggrin.gif
Early this week listening to my 201's and thinking how weak they sound on my PC, I hit the net looking for a little improvement, I then found a great solution in a Cmoy amp and order one up, awesome... Naturally with my new found power, why not improve the end result, so again, after some searching, I now am a proud owner of a beautiful set a Grado SR 60's!

This world of headphones is a funny one, I can only imagine what's in store for me next year... Where does it end!

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 6
that's the great stuff about being here around!... since it starts, you can't get out just like that!
wink.gif

Cheers man!

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I remember thinking my Grado SR-125's + Musical Fidelity X-Can v2 were as high as I'd ever go for about 7 years or so and dreaming about maybe one day getting a Sennheiser HD-600 for that truly high-end experience.

Wish I'd jumped onto the R10 / HE90 wagon a bit earlier and saved myself a few thousand dollars.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've got off lightly with the SR60
biggrin.gif

Quick escape while you can!

do what he just told you to unless you win the lottery or rob a bank. in either case i claim myself to be your best friend and claim 50% of your loot as part of the best friend share.
biggrin.gif

funny story. within a matter of about 60 posts here on head fi i had gone from rat shack 5 dollar earbuds to hd 555, then the hd 595, and then the hd 650 and a little dot mk v and a auzen prelude (last 3 in a matter of 3 hours if i recall correctly).

congratulations on your shiny new toy! but remember, if you like sleeping in the same bed as your significant other and (s)he enjoys shiny new things as well, headfi is probably a website you shouldnt come back to unless you are fine with incessant nagging and having things constantly being thrown at you for listening to music and not doing anything else. no, that is not what happens to me. and i have no clue where you might get that idea.

oh try the 650s on for size. i hear they are just a tad better than the sr 60s ::evil smile::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back