Just wanted to brag
Dec 3, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
You may not have noticed it since you apparently were listening to someone else's HP-1000, but the headband is somewhat malleable, allowing you to find a fit that works. For example, it took some adjustment to get my HP-2 to a size that will stay on my head at all:

True, but I was referring to the weight distribution and how the drivers felt when they were pressing into my ears. didn't like them, and thought that the disign was not well thought out and therefore uncomfortable. Good point though, it very well could have been the fact that I didn't bend them to fit my head and therefore make them more comfortable, but who knows, it was just my .02 with an explanation.

Quote:

I've heard/seen others complain that the HP-1000 headband appears to be sized for a melon -- maybe your head is bigger than a melon?

Not really, about 7 1/2" hat is what I wear, so I doubt that a large head would make it worse, as it might actually make it fit better???
confused.gif
At 6'3" I'm tall, but don't have a melon for a head!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Maybe more like a cantelope!!

Quote:

By the way, I also really liked the RS-1 with flat pads in the short time I spent with it.

kerely

Dec 3, 2002 at 11:50 AM Post #32 of 32
Man, I'm not into bragging myself...but I do believe my 2 year long search for THE headphone system is finally over. All of the major components are in place at last. And the end result is just beyond what I had expected for this final system. My dream of having detail retrieval down into every recording's dregs while maintaining utmost transparency has finally been reached. I listen to my system now, and hear nothing that needs to be further changed at this point. Maybe a Gilmore electrostat amp at most, but otherwise, I feel like I'm really done. And it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

The day you feel you've finally obtained true transparency...man, it's been a great day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back