Just want to say thanks to all of you!
Nov 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mangamonster

100+ Head-Fier
I just wanted to give everyone here a personal 'Thank You'. Ya'll have helped me rediscover music. I feel as if I've been numbed to music until recently...and it all started with simply wanting to upgrade my computer speakers!

I just received my MF V-DAC recently. Burn in has started (50 hours burn in so far). I've been restless and wanted to take a quick listen to it...see how it sounds from my HTPC. Today, I came home, sat on the couch and played Eric Clapton's "Layla" live CD for the first time on the setup. I'm not going to lie. I truly have not heard music from any component system this way EVER. To hear music, voices, instruments articulated with such clarity and separation for the first time is just mind blowing. I mean, I'm really newbish to all of this, so I can't really explain how I'm feeling, but damn, I'm in love again!!

Listening to music for the first time...that would describe it in a nutshell. And I'm just scratching the surface with my 'beginner' level setup. There's many other offerings out there that are waiting for me..but those upgrades will be at a much later time, I'm sure.

I just want to say thank you to head-fi and all of you for contributing your reviews and opinions on the audio equipment posted on these forums. It truly helped me find what I needed for my personal listening preferences. I can't tell you all how happy I am to enjoy music again!

Regards,

-Dave Z

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 8
And... it begins
smily_headphones1.gif
May god help your wallet.

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm going through the same thing and my wallet is feeling it all the way.

Nov 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Well said and congrats!

And thanks for the reminder that we all once past through and experienced that first eargasam recognizing what we had been missing yet was always contained within those recordings of the music we thought we knew so well, now reproduced exceptionally well. And it's true that better reproduction gears does lead one inevitably to seeking out more music from the past and even on to eclectic genres which we wouldn't have had ventured into otherwise; A wonderfully entertaining multifaceted hobby of musics appreciation awaits a mindful listener with better reproduction gears. Enjoy the trip...

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back