Just want to check I'm making the right choice getting the Little Dot DAC_1. Let me know what you think.
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Baird GoW

500+ Head-Fier
My current setup is Auzentech Prelude with earth HDAM to my Little Dot I+ to my HFI-780. The last thing I'm upgrading right now is my DAC. I have a 300$ spending limit and am planning on getting the Little Dot DAC_1 and I want to make sure that I'm making the best choice for the money.
What do you guys think?

Jun 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I haven't read a review yet. You could also consider the Keces amps which seem to be very good as well.

Jun 27, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 6
bump in case someone who has the DAC_1 has a anwser.

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 6
You'll be hard pressed to find any extensive impressions on that DAC. I was seriously considering it as a possible upgrade to my sound card as well, but ultimately decided to go with something more expensive. Because it is so new, there may not be any comprehensive reviews for at least several months. I personally found a few people with experiences of the LD DAC scattered around the internet, but nothing convincing enough to have me feel the money would be well spent. If you're willing to stretch your budget by... well, double, your options would open up Considerably, where there seems to be a slew of exceptional DAC's available. The 500-1000 dollar price range is a *very* good one.

I don't think you would be disappointed by investing the money in something a little more pricey. Have a look through these forums and research the subject a little more. There are plenty of threads with great suggestions in the aforementioned price range. If this isn't of interest and you're content with getting a LD DAC, I would wait a month or two until reviews start to surface.

Edit: Good luck!

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 6
Im under the impression that for around 300 bucks, the DAC_1 wont dissapoint you.
In this topic are a few initial thoughts on how it sounds. Not much, but probably everything you'll find for a few weeks.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/upc...7/index12.html

I do know that CapQ has on for sale, you could ask him.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks yea I have read through that and I may ask that guy why he is selling it so fast (not a good sign to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back