Just want only one AKG
Jan 25, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
georgios, if you already have good amp, then 501 is a-ok ... otherwise, remember to add at least $200 everytime you read "501 for $xxx"
very_evil_smiley.gif

icon10.gif

However, I think I got a not-bad amp whose name is Rega Ear
smily_headphones1.gif
. So.......?
confused.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgios
However, I think I got a not-bad amp whose name is Rega Ear
smily_headphones1.gif
. So.......?
confused.gif

Hm, sounds like you're good to go then. Nak Man's advice, however, is much more relevant to broke college students like me who haven't had the spare income to buy a good amp yet. For now, I'm lovin' my 271s out of my computer, or my iPod when I'm walking around.
orphsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

I just want to have only one AKG headphone, but not including K1000. So I am wondering which model is the most classical, most representative and the right one you should own. Can anybody help?

"The right one you should own" is whichever one you like the most and best. What types of music do you like the most to listen to? Techno, rap, eurodance, jazz, orchestra, big band, swing, latin, pop, rock, indie, country, baroque, chamber, folk, top-40, ... ?

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
"The right one you should own" is whichever one you like the most and best. What types of music do you like the most to listen to? Techno, rap, eurodance, jazz, orchestra, big band, swing, latin, pop, rock, indie, country, baroque, chamber, folk, top-40, ... ?

Honestly, though, the K501s are so superior in almost any aspect (yes, including bass) to the other AKGs (minus the K1000s, of course) that I find them to be better for all types of music including rock, jazz, classical, pop, etc., as long as the music is being listened to be enjoyed in an audiophillic (?!) manner.

Also, a decent PIMETA actually does a very good job of driving the K501s. I'm actually using a maxed out PIMETA to listen to the K501s at the moment as well. Very good, I must say.

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #21 of 35
However, I already got a Senn HD580, as heard of AKG as a professional brand, as seen so many artists recorders producers wearing akg products, I am thinking about a monitor style, lol. Can anybody talk about 240M? I've seen many musicians wore it

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #22 of 35
Have you tried the K340's doobooloo?

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

However, I already got a Senn HD580, as heard of AKG as a professional brand, as seen so many artists recorders producers wearing akg products, I am thinking about a monitor style

I owned hd580 and k501 which are two different beast of their own. If you're worried about similar sound reference, no need to worry about that. HD580 being warm red wine and k501 being dry white wine. See the difference!

However, if you want closed monitor system at this price range I don't think any closed phones come close to these headphones near the price. Since you asked for a classic akg phones, imo I believe k501 represents that. Of course not including k1k.

Quote:

340 is also highly recommended, wondering.........

I also thought about these cans due to their exotic hybrid design, but they're hard to find in good condition. K340 are about 20 years old and not too many will guarantee its product life as unknown burn-in hours thru long time.

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
I also thought about these cans due to their exotic hybrid design, but they're hard to find in good condition. K340 are about 20 years old and not too many will guarantee its product life as unknown burn-in hours thru long time.

It's worth it, trust me.
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 35
The K240S (or K240M) can be had for less than $100, and offer great bang for your buck.
I haven't listened to other phones in the AKG lineup, but I enjoy my K240S very much, and I doubt that you will be disappointed considering the low cost. The are very comfy too, but your ears will start sweating.
These along with the K271 are often seen in studios.

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
It's worth it, trust me.
biggrin.gif

Hi philodox,
I've been reading about your thread K340...If I come across these hybrid cans, I'm sure I'll have hard time resisting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back