Just to get your blood going...
Jun 4, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 38
Indeed.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 38
I have no problem with that. It says: Most popular. Doesn't suprise me that Bose is the most popular. If it was quality though; that's another issue.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I have no problem with that. It says: Most popular. Doesn't suprise me that Bose is the most popular. If it was quality though; that's another issue.
rolleyes.gif

It is the most popular to bash here.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223
And hey, I'm chinese... so even if something is true - if it's racist, you should be careful about saying it.

Well, I thought spelling the company name (which is in my sig, as was noted) wrongly twice was enough of an indicator that I was playing dumb... hence substituting "Chinese" for "Japanese" (e.g. I heard people call Pokemon a "Chinese cartoon"--it's a sign of not having a clue).

As for racism, etc.--part of my childhood was spent in the USSR. Hence, I am a staunch internationalist, equally skeptical about all races and ethnicities
wink.gif

On a serious note, you should be more careful about pasting labels onto people you don't know based on whatever you read on internet forums...

Jun 4, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #22 of 38
Sorry for goin all crazy like that, guys. I was reading merely the words of your post instead of the true meaning behind it. My apologies for labeling you; hope it's all good now. And yes, I agree, head-fi is very good community... possibly the best one I've been to so far (most, if not all of the members here are very mature). Hope I didn't screw up too bad.

EDIT: But yea Bose is a prime example of what advertisement can do to people. This is the reason why I go and get opinions from places like forums, like head-fi
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Sorry for goin all crazy like that, guys. I was reading merely the words of your post instead of the true meaning behind it. My apologies for labeling you; hope it's all good now. And yes, I agree, head-fi is very good community... possibly the best one I've been to so far (most, if not all of the members here are very mature). Hope I didn't screw up too bad.

EDIT: But yea Bose is a prime example of what advertisement can do to people. This is the reason why I go and get opinions from places like forums, like head-fi
biggrin.gif

No worries all around man! All in good fun and learning, as is expected and required of you here at Head-fi! Oh, and losing the feeling of having a savings because it all goes instantly to headphones.

Man, Bose's storefront presence and marketing is what keeps it up top, they keep the masses ignorant about whatever else is out there, aka, everything else besides say.. sony.

Interesting ratings, at least Grado and AKG are up there.

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #25 of 38
Meh, all the more high quality cans for us!
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

biggrin.gif

No problem. Glad we are cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #27 of 38
Thanks, you guys are awsome.

But yea, about bose - my older brother got a pair of triports as a gift from his friend. Later, he got a pretty nice computer speakers from klipsch, so I guess he started going to audiophile forums and stuff (not sure which ones). He inevitably found out that the triports were bashed by basically everyone who knew better. Then, out of a kind heart, he offered for me to take the triports from him if I wanted to. I'm getting the iM716's soon, so I didn't take the triports. Cause I'll basically never be using them if I did take them. Also, before all that happened, I was at target once, and I saw the triports. I listened to them, and, never having heard sound better than the iPod earphones, I thought the triports were good. Good thing I never bought them. It's $150! Outrageous. I'm getting the $70 iM716 from Amazon. Uh, anyone have experience with Amazon? More specifically - buying the iM716's from Amazon?

EDIT: I was wondering how people's experiences with Amazon was, because, from review sites, Amazon seemed to have 3.5 stars instead of the 4.5 that all of the other stores had (store rating). But I don't know...

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #29 of 38
amazon.com pwns; never had a problem with them, and when I noticed the price difference on the iM716 after I ordered them for $80, I emailed them, and they literally replied in under 5 minutes and told me they would refund me the difference.
eek.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #30 of 38
Whoa, that's good customer service!

But yea, sony's also pretty common among people I see everyday. I mean once in a while I see sony headphones (if it's not one of the iPod users, lol). I've never seen a grado in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back