just spent an hour with some cans....
Nov 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier
The culprits were the Momentum, mixmaster mike and MDR-1R.
Long story short, MDR-1R > MIXMASTER > MOMENTUM.
The Senns were my biggest disappointment, they sound like syrup , muggy even , too much yawn , and are NOT around ear imo, very comfy though.
Mixmasters were surprise, bit peaky treble but enjoyable.
Sonys are very very good, not too bassy, sounded well balanced , comfy but got a little hot.

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Pretty neutral I would say, they didn't add any extra bass to the music I demo'd.
They really are lovely looking cans , nicer than the Momentums imo , the Momentums are really disappointing , remind me of the B&W P5, all form over function.
The Mixmaster's blew my mind , I have heard the aviators and thought they were pretty good but these are a clear step above.
The Mixmaster's are very musical , a little rough around the edges but very entertaining, a bit like a Polish street hooker (I am told).
Actually the Mixmaster's have left me very curious, the sort of curious my wife doesn't like, the sort of curious that leads to hasty purchases......we shall see....

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Pretty neutral I would say, they didn't add any extra bass to the music I demo'd.
They really are lovely looking cans , nicer than the Momentums imo , the Momentums are really disappointing , remind me of the B&W P5, all form over function.
The Mixmaster's blew my mind , I have heard the aviators and thought they were pretty good but these are a clear step above.
The Mixmaster's are very musical , a little rough around the edges but very entertaining, a bit like a Polish street hooker (I am told).
Actually the Mixmaster's have left me very curious, the sort of curious my wife doesn't like, the sort of curious that leads to hasty purchases......we shall see....

HAHA yea I really dont enjoy the look of the mixmaster. That skull has always seemed meh to the graphic designer in me ^_^. The sonys seem nice but I just pre ordered m100s. Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back