Just saw a fellow at ucla with portapros
Jun 7, 2004 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ooheadsoo

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, not every day you see one of these things around in public
biggrin.gif
It was in my Bach class, he came in and sat to my right. I meant to ask where he got the phones, but didn't really get a chance. Actually, this is the first time I saw these phones in use outside of my immediate family and friends
cool.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 8
There are 2 other people (besides me) in my Music of Bob Dylan class that have Portopros. I don't know wether they bought them because the were good or just got lucky and bought some decent cans by chance.

Jun 8, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 8
Since the portapros are pretty hard to find, and harder to find at a decent price, and are "ugly" to boot, it'd be a pretty strange thing to buy one on whim
tongue.gif
I happened to get mine for $10 a pair so I picked up 3 of them, but that was the one and only time I ever saw them
eek.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 8
I've seen at least two people on my USC campus (GO TROJANS
very_evil_smiley.gif
) wearing Grado SR-60's and SR-80's. I was surprised by the fact that one of them was in a Fraternity (call me ignorant...
wink.gif
) but I went up to him and just congradulated him for having good headphones. I bet he was thoroughly confused when I did that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 8
I saw the "Portapro2" for sale at Circuit City last week. Priced at $40 and looks identical to the Portapro, as far as I could tell from pictures and specs.

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, it's a nice headphone but for $40 I would hesitate...but probably only because I got mine for so much less
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
I've seen at least two people on my USC campus (GO TROJANS
very_evil_smiley.gif
) wearing Grado SR-60's and SR-80's. I was surprised by the fact that one of them was in a Fraternity (call me ignorant...
wink.gif
) but I went up to him and just congradulated him for having good headphones. I bet he was thoroughly confused when I did that.
smily_headphones1.gif

I bet
biggrin.gif

I haven't had anyone accost me yet as I run around campus in my Ultrasones. A few funny looks from people in line at the post office, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back