Just removed the k701 foam (like hd6x0)
Apr 1, 2006 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tilt

100+ Head-Fier
i notcied there was a doughnut shaped foam pad just under the earpads. I pulled the earpad and it came off...after inspection it looks like that pads are twist off (for easier later replacement). Once off removal of the foam doughnut was easy (not held in place by anything) which makes me wonder if it was intentionally left that way. (user side modifications)

How does it sound? well i've only had them for a few hours, so i cant comment of the difference in sound. Maybe a little less congested or forced sounding. If someone that is more experienced with the 701's wants to comment on the difference. One thing i noticed is its less iffy with the placement of the cans on your head.

Either way, I don't think they're perfect, but they're pretty damn goodwith only 5 hours.

[size=xx-small]-edit- spelling[/size]

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't feel the need to correct anything on the K701's, they don't have any so called veil like the 650's, at least that I can hear!
icon10.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Apr 2, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 5
according to the service manual for the K601 the pads unscrew counter clockwise. I have tried unsuccessfully and don't want to damage them. Do you have a camera? I would like to see the inside. I can't seem to get mine to budge.

This mod sounds interesting, but my gripe is that the 'donut' under the cloth seems to be ofset covering the driver partially:

misaligned.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back