Just recievied my q-JAYS
Jan 7, 2008 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Bobby2131

Head-Fier
Apparently it's a good thing I chose these because I'm an XXS according to them. I had no idea my ear canals were that small. Basic stuff was that the packaging was good, the Y Splitter doesn't fit with my iPod case so that kinda sucks but it's nice to have one. The booklet looks thick but that's just cause it's in so many languages but the little information it gives is pretty much what you need. The case is a joke, I'm just using it to house the extra filters. The extenders do what extenders do so nothing special or bad about them. The sleeves are of multiple sizes and since the XXS ones are the only ones not to slip out of my ear I assume that's what size I am. They're pretty comfortable, compared to normal iBuds they actually feel a bit better because they're in place.

Let me just say these guys are like tiny. Smaller than iBuds and I just love that. The sound quality is quite different coming from a pair of Koss KSC-75s. The main thing I notice is bass, the Koss pair had a boomy bass sound, overpowering almost. The JAYS have a much more refined bass, not a thumper to me. It's different I must say because I'm used to feeling that rumble so I have to listen to this for a while before I decided which I like better. The mids and highs are great, have detail that I've never before heard. I think I can actually hear the recordings now because Beatles songs sound...old. Don't get me wrong I love the Beatles, they're by far my favorite band but now it sounds like these songs we're recorded in the 60's. Live tracks sound even more different then their recorded counterparts. You can tell especially with live acoustic songs. The detail is actually something that I'm finding out what seperates these high quality IEMs from cheap buds or clip-ons. You can hear more of everything, the things I've been hearing differently are vocals and piano pieces but that may just me I don't know. I think at higher volumes they get a little distorted too which is expected I think from any thing that isn't an open headphone design.

Oh the isolation is probably right where I want it. When I'm listening to music above the lowest of volumes I can't hear anything which is great. When I'm not playing anything I can hear but it's low so when I have a song that is ending and fading I still really don't hear anything.

EDIT: I swtiched to the next size (XS) and the bass has got a little more thump but I still think it's less than KSC-75 but with the clarity it's better overall

Here are some crappy pics with my camera phone, it's an old desk by the way.
tongue.gif

Here's them fresh from the FedEx box
brandnewye2.jpg

Just the pagacking they came in
packagingsi6.jpg

All the accessories that you get
contentsgx0.jpg

The JAYS in all their glory
themmr0.jpg

Here's a size comparison with my class ring
sizetd6.jpg

If anyone has anyone has questions I'll try to answer them but I'm no expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back