Just recieved iAudio 5
Mar 18, 2005 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

gn925106ng

Head-Fier
hello all,

looks like my 4 month researching has come to an end. I just received my iAudio 5 from Suntec in the mail.
smily_headphones1.gif
This really doesnt matter, but the packaging looks pretty cool. When i opened it i immediately transferred some songs onto the little thing.

This player is perfect. Looks cool, quality materials... perfect.

Mar 18, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 27
But where are the pictures!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 27
Is it High-speed USB 2.0 (real fast) or Full-speed USB 2.0 (slow, just a tad faster than usb1.1)? I read somewhere that most mp3 flash players say usb2.0, but doesnt transfer at USB2.0 speeds.

Mar 18, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinWu
Is it High-speed USB 2.0 (real fast) or Full-speed USB 2.0 (slow, just a tad faster than usb1.1)? I read somewhere that most mp3 flash players say usb2.0, but doesnt transfer at USB2.0 speeds.

Actually what comes into play is the write speed of the flash itself, hopefully this will get better as capacity increases (starting to see 2GB flash players now).

Mar 20, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 27
WARNING... crap quality pictures ahead

picture895vs.jpg

Thats the package it came in :p

picture914vr.jpg

Box

picture926nn.jpg

my precious

picture964je.jpg

My iAudio with the crappy earbuds that i had lying around my house (not the bundled ones... havnt tried those

picture971im.jpg

The right

picture982dr.jpg

The back

picture998tx.jpg

The left

picture1008vl.jpg

The bottom

picture1014ct.jpg

The top

picture1024na.jpg

picture1038tt.jpg

picture1043vm.jpg

picture1059nm.jpg

The little startup show with the fellow showing off some moves with the backlighting flashing like heck
etysmile.gif

picture1080zj.jpg

The main page

picture1095jt.jpg

Beside the manual

picture1103yg.jpg

all the goodies

picture1118gc.jpg

mmm gum

picture1139js.jpg

with its best friend the AAA battery

picture1147wc.jpg

picture1176dg.jpg

in the hands

and voila! thats the iAudio 5 beside just about everything that was lying around. yes, the quality is bad, but i guess u can still make out the objects. If theres anything else you would like me to compare the player with (AA battery... a pistachio... my sofa... just gimme a shout
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gn925106ng
If theres anything else you would like me to compare the player with (AA battery... a pistachio... my sofa... just gimme a shout
biggrin.gif

A Olds Delta 88?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZimbuTheMonkey
Congrats.

I ordered my 2-gig model last friday, stupid weekend... it should be arriving in a few days I hope.
smily_headphones1.gif

So far, have you encountered any problems?

I am curious what transfer speeds on these are (since flash write speeds can really be a bottleneck).

Scott

I'd also love to hear about how sound quality on these compares.

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 27
how does the backlight change colors like that?

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 27
You've got several sliders that you can adjust to change the colour. You can get a lot of combinations of colours with the i5, they claim over 1000, but many of them are just different shades of the same colour.

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

So far, have you encountered any problems?

NOPE!!
lambda.gif

i am absolutely loving this damn thing. a couple thing that should be changed to make the player even better though:
-fix the usb and battery covers. the usb one doesnt exactly seem that sturdy (its made out of a thin rubber) that allows it to open and close, while the battery cover is much more sturdy, but i still had a little trouble getting it to close the first couple of times... guess it takes practice
-the clockwheels- if examined closely, they seems to be a little weaker than i had expected... you can peek around the edges into the inside of the player that doesnt give u a good sense of sturdyness and security (gives me the idea of the player being hollow inside)
- fm transmitter would be nice lol
biggrin.gif

thats it folks... but dont take my little opinions as signs of the player being bad. they are definately just very minor things, but can be noticed if examined very very closely. trust me, buying this player is no mistake

Mar 21, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #13 of 27
Thanks.

I dunno, I guess I just feel a little apprehensive about ordering a player online. If it were available here, I could just buying to test it out and return it.

I'm getting worried about the jog wheels myself, the jog sticks (G3, iFP-799) are pretty sturdy, though unresponsive sometimes.

EDIT: And by the way, what in the hell did you take those pics with!?
etysmile.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

And by the way, what in the hell did you take those pics with!?
etysmile.gif

wha wha wha... the quality is too good for ya?
biggrin.gif
lol ya it sucks. i believe its a logitech quickcam 5.6.1 SE-OEM. there was a timewhen i would kill to get a webcam... i had no clue what was going on so just went to the store and grabbed the cheapest one lol i regret it
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back