Just received the P-51
Dec 24, 2008 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

badgerbimmer

Head-Fier
Sent Ray an email Friday, response Saturday, PayPal'd him Sunday, he sent FedEx Monday. I am now listening to the P-51! Obviously not broken in but still sounds very good. It is amazing how small this unit is! Makes my Headroom Airhead look like an aircraft carrier. I will run it out for the hundred hour break in period and enjoy!

Dec 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 20
Yeah, it is a real kick. I love Rays shipping, it is almost like he hand carries it. :^)

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 20
Congratulations, a very Merry Christmas indeed! Just Got My Christmas Bonus from the boss today. Ordering a P-51 Friday, I'm so excited just can't wait.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #5 of 20
Listening right now to the 51 with Eva Cassidy, Blues Alley, playing. Great fun! Hey! its after 1 am. Time to get to bed. :^)

Dec 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 20
Christmas morning popped the phones on after the amp has been running in for about 18 hours, already sounding smoother. There is plenty of gain to run my AKG 701s' to as high a sound level as I would want. The ipod is running on random play, Lyle Lovett just came up - sounds fantastic!

Dec 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 20
I have a high end mini to mini interconnect, need to get a ipod dock to mini interconnect. Suggestions?

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbimmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a high end mini to mini interconnect, need to get a ipod dock to mini interconnect. Suggestions?

I have a LOD coming from qusp. The pics he sent me looked good plus he was very informative and always returned PMs quickly.

I just this minute pulled the trigger on a red and black P-51. It was either this or a nice Parasound Halo pre amp for my 2 channel rig.

I am hoping this amp mates well with my Shures and iPod Nano.

Congrats dude. What color combo did you go with??
Hope you like it even more once it burns in.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What color combo did you go with??

Ray said he had black ready to go in his email, went with that. Listening to a little Acoustic Alchemy now, this little amp just gets better and better!

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by badgerbimmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray said he had black ready to go in his email, went with that. Listening to a little Acoustic Alchemy now, this little amp just gets better and better!

Cool. I should have asked how long it would take Ray to make mine. I went a different route.

oh yeah, check out Lil' Knight too as he makes a quality LOD. Check out his work in his Flickr album.

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the amp
biggrin.gif

Mine is @ 400h and really sounds awesome with all my phones. I'm using it with the PK1's and they're doing very good job.

How does the Mustang do driving the HD650s or the K701s?? I may want to drive a pair of HD600s with this amp someday.

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #14 of 20
It drives the HD650's just fine, I don't have the K701 but I have read they do very well with the 51 as well.

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Mustang do driving the HD650s or the K701s?? I may want to drive a pair of HD600s with this amp someday.

Listening to Van Morrison on 701s, with the P-51 set at high gain plenty of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back