Just received the D2000's - Initial Impressions and Screw question!
Apr 28, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
OP: Do you still think the mids are recessed? I just ordered a pair, but I hate recessed mids. (How do they compare to the ATH-M50 as far as mids?)

If you plan on buying an amp, you may not even notice it. the DT990 which known to have a hole in the mids, when amped it really gets better. as for the screw issue, i read about it a lot when i bought my D5000. it seems that denon fixed it a while ago, no worries

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 20
I don't know how an amp will change anything, but back when I had XB700s, which are bass-heavy, using them in combination with an older ipod nano (which has a good DAC) made the sound signature A LOT better and the mids much more apparent.

I have the D2000s, and the mids don't really get better after burn in, they are still recessed somewhat. That's just how this 'phone is...I have yet to try it with an ipod nano, or any other DAC or amp. 

If you really need mids you might want to go for the Sennheiser HD 650. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 20
After about 30 hours of burn-in, I've noticed that the midrange actually HAS opened up slightly, but nothing too significant to even consider the mids to be full and rich, as compared to the Sennheiser HD-650's for example. In other words, as far as I can notice at this point, the mids are still recessed. I will try to update again after about 150+ hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back