Just received my Stax 323S
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

glorkaglickflic

100+ Head-Fier
Just received my Stax 323S and connected it to my Stax 507.  I've had it for a couple of days now, and I think there might have been a breaking in period.  Anyway, I have no complaints.  I also received the Sieveking Sound Omega Headphone Stand in macassar, and it's a beauty.  This is my first experience with stats.  I also have an unmodified Fostex T50RP that I plugged into the back of my IMac and really liked it, so I was used to the Ortho sound.   I listen to all kinds of music, and the stats handle it all in stride.  I don't have a DAC, but so far I'm very satisfied with my setup from the IMac.  If I do get a DAC, I'll probably get an end-system like the  Schiit Yggdrasil when it becomes available.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 3
  Just received my Stax 323S and connected it to my Stax 507.  I've had it for a couple of days now, and I think there might have been a breaking in period.  Anyway, I have no complaints.  I also received the Sieveking Sound Omega Headphone Stand in macassar, and it's a beauty.  This is my first experience with stats.  I also have an unmodified Fostex T50RP that I plugged into the back of my IMac and really liked it, so I was used to the Ortho sound.   I listen to all kinds of music, and the stats handle it all in stride.  I don't have a DAC, but so far I'm very satisfied with my setup from the IMac.  If I do get a DAC, I'll probably get an end-system like the  Schiit Yggdrasil when it becomes available.

So, you don't consider STAX to be too revealing to enjoy relatively poorly recorded genres like Rock? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back