Just received my NE-7M's, the treble sounds horrid...
Dec 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #61 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless of whether or not SCL4s are analytical or bass-heavy, they used to cost $300-$399 and are still priced for about $180. The nuforce 7s just cost about $50. There is a reason for the notable price difference - and I have received confirmation from at least two sources that the E4Cs/SCL4 are superior overall than the nuforces. Besides that, just utilizing your common sense, you would know that the SCL4 should sound better overall than the nuforces because of the significant difference in pricing. I, unlike the op, did my homework. I admit I may have been a little abrasive in earlier posts, but they were intended to be sarcastic.

Um. So by your logic the Bose QuietComfort 3's is vastly, vastly superior to the Denon AH-D2000's because the Bose costs $349 and the Denon costs $199?

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #62 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure that's the size I am using. The T500 are for Triple.fi 10 Pro.

I am wondering what is the difference between the t400 and t500 tips? All I can tell is that they're for different UE phones, but IIRC all the UE nozzles are the same.

I'm about to get one of them, I just need to know the actual difference.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #63 of 70
Alrighty, so after about 40 or so hours of burn-in, I am still not really feeling the NE-7M's. I get really fatigued listening to them, and the sibilance is still noticeably there. I have not tried the Comply tips yet, but I am going on vacation in about 2 weeks, and I would prefer to purchase a pair I think I would enjoy more, rather than order some Comply tips and still find the NE-7M's fatiguing.

Would the Klipsch X10's be a better choice? I dont really wanna spend any more than $200. I like a bright sounding IEM, but I also love bass as well. Would the X10's suite me well? Comfort and non-fatiguing sound is also really important.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #64 of 70
It sounds to me like you don't actually want a bright-sounding IEM, Kev. I'd look into something wih slightly rolled-off highs, as "bright" and "fatiguing" generally go hand-in-hand.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #66 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aiiii. Im having a somewhat similar problem with my X10, which is being investigated as we speak (hopefully...). I'm hoping its not my source and MP3 files (320 kbps...) but the IEM's so i could just replace them w/ warranty...

Kev, check to see if this problem only occurs with certain MP3 files, and send the files that don't sound well to the manufacturer -> the tech support team or support team. If its your IEM's that are bad, they'll probably let you know and give you a RA # for return or such.

I wander if your x10 were faulty or if they hadn't burned in properly.

I had a little bit of the harsh treble experience with certain tracks, but it evened out after about 24 hours of use.

Report back what you find.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev1000000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alrighty, so after about 40 or so hours of burn-in, I am still not really feeling the NE-7M's. I get really fatigued listening to them, and the sibilance is still noticeably there. I have not tried the Comply tips yet, but I am going on vacation in about 2 weeks, and I would prefer to purchase a pair I think I would enjoy more, rather than order some Comply tips and still find the NE-7M's fatiguing.

Would the Klipsch X10's be a better choice? I dont really wanna spend any more than $200. I like a bright sounding IEM, but I also love bass as well. Would the X10's suite me well? Comfort and non-fatiguing sound is also really important.

I think the X10 would suit you, but the NE-7M with the right tips are pretty darn good too.

PS: I didn't think my NE-7M were ready to review till 85-95 hours, and I think they have improved more by 200 hours, but I am not sure since I have gotten used to them by now.

Dec 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #68 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NE-7M uses T400 tips right?

@ HeadphoneAddict a.k.a. Larry, im waiting my friend to arrived from minnesota coz he will bring my NE-7 and comply T400 tips.... cant wait.

Dec 29, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #69 of 70
Yes, the T-400 fits, I tried them on my NE-7's. But since I listen to music while working and still need to kinda hear what's going on around me, and that my ears fit differently (left orifice is slightly ...ehhh.... bigger...) I fitted the big silicone OVER the small one. I can really tell that I have better isolation on the left side now.

Johnnydrz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back