Just Received ALO "Copper Dock"!!!
Oct 27, 2006 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DJ_JonnyV

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I e-mailed Ken last week about what would be suit my needs for a line out dock for my 5.5 80GB ipod. Said I wanted something more flexible than the silver six shooter, but didn't want to break the bank on a Cryo. He was very quick in replying that he is going to start offering a "Copper Dock", which offers the flexibility for travel and portable purposes, but doensn't break the bank. I paid $49 (I think) for it plus S&H. As everyone else on here says, "Wow, can't believe how much of a difference these make!". I'm probably halfway through break-in, and can really start picking up some differences between the headphone out.

WARNING: If you get one of these, turn the volume knob on your amp all the way down first before firing things up. The line-out on ipods is much louder than the headphone out.

Can definitely pick up on a much cleaner signal. Sounds much more neutral coming through the amp and into my IEMs. For reference, I'm using a Shellbrook Maxi Moy Signature and some E4cs. I don't know if a cotton or cryo would make any difference, but for about $50, I'm definitely satisfied.

Maybe Ken can chime in or provide more detail on the cable itself. Mine's basically all black (to match the pod of course!) and made from stranded copper wire. Very well built and great customer service from Ken.

Go Cards!!!

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Congratulations, recently I picked up an ALO Six-Shooter. The bass has more impact, and the highs seem to extend more. I will need further evaluation to validate my initial impressions. Click on the thumbnail below to see the full picture.

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I think I just ordered the same dock.
I was trying to order the 'thin-wire' dock I saw on another thread, but they are out & Ken told me about the new 'copper-dock'.

Please post pics & your experience with this cable.

This will be my first line-out dock connector, so I hope the package arrives soon.
eggosmile.gif

(FIRST POST!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back