Just received a Mitsubishi DP-52 turntable
Sep 20, 2007 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ueyteuor

1000+ Head-Fier
My dad just gave me a Mitsubishi turntable. Looks like new.. and it has a Grado cartridge on it too! Don't know much about turntables, so I'm going to buy some Vinyl and try it out! Anyone know if this turntable is good?

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 4
It's a direct drive TT, so you won't have to change any belts at least in order to get started. I think it was also sold as the Denon 5000 if memory serves me right. Decent entry unit to get to grips with vinyl until you are convinced that you want to go higher up the ladder.

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey, your post is from a couple years ago, so not sure if i'll get a response or not, but i also just got my hands on a mitsubishi dp-52.  It used to be my dad's and I'm totally new to the world of turntables.  From what I understand, this turntable requires purchasing a pre-amp?  Is this what the three AV cables plug into?  So many questions...so inexperienced...

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Yes, you will need a phono preamp in order to get the proper sound and level out of the cartridge. 

The 2 cables are left and right channel, and the third is a ground spade which needs to be connected to eliminate hum.

A phono preamp doesn't need to be expensive, especially if you're just getting started with vinyl.  A Google search reveals a number of sub-$100 models which should be sufficient.

If you have a receiver or integrated amp with a 'PHONO' input, then you can skip getting a phono preamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back