just receive my W5000
Oct 5, 2007 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DSlayerZX

500+ Head-Fier
I have been on this forum for roughly a year now....
I started from trying to find something that I can listen to at night so I won't bother my roommate (simply HD595) and portability to wanted something better (added Headfive)..... then think..... it won't hurt to grab a better quality HD650..... and some cable....... and a better amp.... till now portability is not in my concern anymore and decided to grab a DAC in the future when ever I can get the money to do so....
blink.gif
blink.gif

but anyway, just recently purchased a W5000, received today...(sigh here goes my PS3+FF13 money)
my first impression toward the headphone is
HOLY *&^*&(*& this thing is heavy.
I do like the wood cups, they look amazing beautiful
(I was freaked out when my roommate picked up the headphone when he still has keys in his hand)

so far, I do not have any of the fit issue that some people had experience. it fits my head perfectly (the headband took some time to gets use to though... its design is quiet different compare to the HD series.)
Expect the fact that the rotating joint made weird sounds when I rotate them....should I add some oil into this thing?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

About the sound....
I do not have much experience with this headphone yet. But one thing I can say is that the bass on this headphone is significantly reduced in comparison to the HD650. But W5000 give more detail to the music and yes..... some back ground noise due some of my low quality MP3 files (it was hard to notice with the HD650 unless I turn the volume up to a considerable loud volume for me)

is there a decent headphone hanger that is wide enough to support both of the metal wire of the headphone?

because from what I see, most of the banana hanger does not have much space for both of the wires.. and hanging them by one wire does not make me feel safe.

Oct 5, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 3
The banana hanger works fine on one wire.

The W5000's reveal a lot of detail, good or bad, so source and amp are very important choices. Congratulations, I love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back