Just Purchased an SR-71 from Todd
Sep 1, 2004 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

refault

100+ Head-Fier
Anything I should expect? Will it blow my socks off compared to my META42? How does it stand next to the HR-2, which I listened to at the Hawaii meet (and thought was great)? Does anyone use these as a home + portable amp (and will it suit me for both needs also?)

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 6
the awesome thing is that in a few days you can answer that yourself for our benefit! i'm jealous!

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 6
hello, fellow local-boy (i'm a hawaii transplant)...

i think you'll love the sr-71...it could stand as a home amp, but since it's batteries-only, you might think about something else. i'm using the larocco pocket reference as a home amp simply because it is AC powered as well...but in terms of sound and power, it can certainly drive the headphones in your signature and do justice to your sources. good luck and tell us how it sounds...

Sep 1, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by masahito24@chart
Howzit,
yes, please give us the details after you try it out. Im still debating on the XP-7 or the SR-71.

might depend on your intended use...the xp-7 isn't exactly portable...the sr-71 is quite tiny. xp-7 has the added benefit that you can roll opamps...

Sep 1, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 6
well i do travel once in a while. I just want something decent which is portable and good for home use too. I really like the benefit of opamp rolling with the XP-7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
might depend on your intended use...the xp-7 isn't exactly portable...the sr-71 is quite tiny. xp-7 has the added benefit that you can roll opamps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back