Just pulled trigger on Senn 595!
Mar 2, 2005 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Nick B

Head-Fier
My Antique Sound Lab UHC-Signature Device just arrived today...AND I HAVE NO CANS
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. So I pulled the trigger on a pair of Senn 595s through a large, cold, soul-less internet distributor for $167 plus $15 shipping. I have been looking for a while, and this seemed to be the best price I had seen.

I wanted to check out Beyerdynamic as well, but they are not nearly as easy to find as Sennheiser. Sennheiser searches on lycos, etc, bring back 10-15 merchants that carry them. Beyerdymanic usually yields a goose egg, or only an entry from Headroom. It made me go, "Hmmmmm...."

So thanks, Andrea. Your review and continuing comments pushed me over the edge. I will post my comments as soon as they arrive. It will be interesting to see how they do with a tube amp through the ASL device. Thanks again to all who gave me their feedback. Take care.

Nick

Mar 2, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 29
Hi,

glad to have been helpful.
I hope you're satisfied with them as I am.
redface.gif

Well, I just think you've made a great choice.

Just remember "burn in" !
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Bye
Andrea

Mar 2, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 29
ez decision, go with 595 and never look back. the key selling point is the headphone holder
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
ez decision, go with 595 and never look back. the key selling point is the headphone holder
biggrin.gif

That holder is very handy. Attached it to my speaker stand and it's really working.
wink.gif

Somehow it hurts me to lay my 595s on table.

And that holder really wasn't the only reason I bought these cans. They really sound amazing and keep on sounding better and better every day (burning in).

Mar 2, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 29
Did anybody compare the sound of HD555 to 595? Do 595 provide a huge improvement over 555?
It's interesting for me to know opinions because:
unfortunately,when I was choosing my headphones, there weren't HD595 in the shop.I listened to HD555,HD580 (also some others..). Well, to me HD580 sounded way better than 555. Compared to HD580,the 555s did have harsh,"bold" highs, poor bass, mids were not pleasing also. I'd say, the sound of 580 is "richer", it's much more gripping.
Now I've listened to my HD580 for about 100 hours. I love their detailed, balanced sound in various music. I suggest they give quite natural sound.

Mar 3, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 29
ordered a set of HD-650s a moment ago - gonna see if that thing works on my DAC/headphone amp. If it doesn't work, expect a set of mint 650s for a good price on Audiogon in a few weeks
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B
If Andrea's comments on the 595 don't sway you, nothing will. And,yeah,the holder is kewl.

Nick

LOL
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back