Just played demo of Rainbow Six: Vegas for Xbox360
Oct 30, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
I tried that loophole where you set up an alternate account located in the uk and it worked! I downloaded and tried the RBS demo. Probably one of the extreme few to play it in my area.

This was the second game to blow me out of my chair on xbox 360 in terms of graphics. The first was FNR3 last year when it first came out. So far, most of the games I tried on the 360 were pretty and high res but didn't really feel next gen. But man, this game has some fantastic graphics!! I was in constant awe to see sooooo much detail from a video game. couldn't believe I was actually getting this kind of graphics. The particle effects are pretty realistic as were the AI. It was really funny to sit in the dark and hear them shout "where the screw did they go?", "are they still here?", "no! you go, I'll follow you". LOL

I always remember RBS to be extremely realistic and thus a little hard to play. A single bullitt would end the game in the past. I like how they throw in a normal mode and "realistic" mode to suit your taste. normal mode allows you to be more aggressive, kind of like call of duty 2. Realistic mode is just as hard as it used to be. One shot kill.

Without a doubt, I am picking this up next week. I was really impressed with the demo.

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 22
I too have an "alternate" account, and I agree the demo was impressive. With all the new games coming out though, I'm torn on which ones to buy. These are on my must get list as of today:

1. Gears of War
2. F.E.A.R.
3. Rainbow Six: Vegas
4. Splinter Cell: Double Agent

I will probably pick up Splinter Cell today, F.E.A.R. tomorrow. So many games, so little time.

Edit: I forgot about Call of Duty 3! I will definitely pick that up as well.

Oct 30, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 22
Ooooh, I'm hungry for this game. Could someone explain to me why the U.K. has the demo, but the U.S. hasn't yet?

Man, Aurora is right. There just isn't enough time for the games coming soon. I'm going to have to prioritize my list someway somehow.

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 22
Yeah I also have a heft shopping list of RBS:Vegas, Gears of war and call of duty!! I think I'll end up getting all three eventually so I'm in no rush to get it all at once. I will get just cause and gears of war for thanksgiving holidays and the rest once the semester is finished in mid december. I haven't bought a game since summer and I haven't touched my xbox for a few weeks now. Too much exams guys. Phew...

Oct 31, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 22
I bought the magazine, thank God. The demo was great. It's apparently set quite close to the end of the real game, but it teases your finger tips enough to reach for your wallet and pre-order.

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
I bought the magazine, thank God. The demo was great. It's apparently set quite close to the end of the real game, but it teases your finger tips enough to reach for your wallet and pre-order.

LOL totally. Still would've been nice if they'd let me try the snake cam under the doors.

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
LOL totally. Still would've been nice if they'd let me try the snake cam under the doors.

Which part of the game are you talking about?

You walk up to the door, look down at the bottom, and you'll see the option for "Use Snake Cam" press A.

-Ed

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
ya i just ore-ordered Gears Of War... altho i dont know if i should transfer it to RB6

Why not have both?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Nov 1, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
because atm im broke. and owe people money so its either one or the other. just cant fiscally get both

Stay with Gears of War, that would be my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back