Just placed order on Ultrasone Pro 900
Nov 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

idczar

New Head-Fier
After few hours of considerations, I went ahead and placed an order on Ultrasone Pro 900.

I've been using Etymotic ER-4P for a long time (like since 2001) and I hope the pro 900 could deliver some great music experiences along with that.

Can't wait to hear what it's like after allegedly long burn-in time.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 27
congrats. You picked a pair of extremely musical headphones that for sure

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 27
Let us know if it has arrived & your impression.

I'm still thinking to buy it too, have read reviews that it's really good, now the question is, is it really worth the price ?

thanks

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 27
you can find them for 259£ on iheadphone. Great value for the price imo!

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 27
you can expect something very different compared to your etymotics. you will be shocked ;D let us hope in a positive way. considering you liked your etymotics better than the shure e5c it is quite a gamble haha.

I got my pro 900 recently too.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ult...0-80-a-457838/

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ofnir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let us know if it has arrived & your impression.

I'm still thinking to buy it too, have read reviews that it's really good, now the question is, is it really worth the price ?

thanks

Although the suggested retail price is around $550, if you can find these headphones used or somewhere a bit cheaper, I believe they are worth every penny. Keep in mind, the burn in process made a huge difference with my 900's and definitely noticed the headphone mature around 300 hours.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by yasuda2k7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although the suggested retail price is around $550, if you can find these headphones used or somewhere a bit cheaper, I believe they are worth every penny. Keep in mind, the burn in process made a huge difference with my 900's and definitely noticed the headphone mature around 300 hours.

Thanks for the answer.

Know where i can buy that'll ship to asia ?

and how many hours will it takes to burn in it until the process done ?

thanks again

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 27
Dec 1, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #12 of 27
I agree that the point that burn-in is accomplished varies from person to person. I've got about 300 hours in my 900s, and I haven't really noticed any changes since the low 200s.

The question I always ask myself is: are the headphones adjusting, or am I?

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickyfoot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that the point that burn-in is accomplished varies from person to person. I've got about 300 hours in my 900s, and I haven't really noticed any changes since the low 200s.

I believe you...as it is a new sound signature compared to other headphones and your brain needs time adjusting to it.

But that could be fud, who knows.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickyfoot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A combination. If you already used an Ultrasone you are used to the soundstaging already. Mainly that helps since presentation is very important to immerse you in music not just how they sound. But for me it was about 160h with pink noise on both my 750/900 until they really started to sound their best.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #15 of 27
Wow just got my pro 900 UPS guy just dropped by.

This can is AMAZING. I confess I had a bit of buyers remorse thinking adjusting from ER4 to pro 900's strong bass output would take some time to adjust to. I'm just flipping through my FLAC collections and boy do I love this cans. The Bass sound is still far from tight, but the soundstage is just breathtaking. Love it love it love it.

How long do I have to let it burn-in? I'd like the bass to be tightened up than its current state. but it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back