Just ordered Westone UM1
Sep 19, 2008 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

homers54321

100+ Head-Fier
What should I expect from them? From my research, im expecting a very comfortable, solidly built, but only average to slightly above average sound quality. Also, this might be a dumb question but I have owned the Beyer 250-250 and Grado SR-60. Can the Westone UM1 be compared to those full sized headphones in terms of sound quality? I ask this because i hated how the beyers and grados sounded

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 3
No, cannot compare. I have the UM1 myself and I have compared it with my friend's SR-60 side by side. The SR-60 sounded a lot better. Compare to the SR-60, the UM1 lacks in bass and highs. But keep in the mind that the grados are suppose to be bright. Don't expect too much on sound.

You won't be disappointed in terms of comfort. I think Westone's has some of the most comfortable IEMs. You know they are pretty comfortable when you can sleep with them.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Received my UM1 yesterday. So far, it is exactly what i expected. The isolation is awesome. I used them while working out at my gym today (which is very noisy) and couldnt hear anything but my music. I had my ipod at a very low volume too. Comfort was equally impressive. There were times while I was working out that I didnt realize I had IEMs on. The "over the ear" style did pose a problem though while I was working out. When I was doing behind the head barbell squats, I had to keep adjusting the wire so that the barbell wouldnt crush it.

Sound quality is also what I expected which is nothing spectacular. I am no audiophile but Id think Id know if something sounded good or not. The UM1, to me, sound just a tad better than stock earbuds and the only reason I think they do is because they sit deeper in your ear.

Overall i am very satisfied with the UM1. I highly recommend them to someone who is looking for superior comfort and isolation. I also recommend anyone who is interested in the UM1 to check out earphonesolutions.com. They had a great price, they were quick to answer my emails, and shipping was free and lightning fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back