just ordered the Stax Omega II....
Oct 25, 2001 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
I told Todd I wanted a "spankin' new" system that had never been opened, so he ordered it for me along with the Stax headphone extension. He said he would have it in about a week.

Needless to say, I'm on the verge of excitement here. Now to figure out what to do with myself for a whole week!!

Rick
confused.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 21
Me.

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 21
can't wait to hear how you like them.

The waiting could be worse. I am not a patient person. Once I decide on something I want it now! Needless to say it is killing me that my DT831s are still in transit after 4 weeks. Not Jan's fault. US mail service is more of a mess than normal right now.

(sound of foot tapping rapidly...)

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 21
I woulda really went for these in the next month or so if my ears didn't start busting out on me...so instead of spending my money on Omegas I'll probably have to spend it on speakers...
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 21
Hey Vert,

I just found out about the "problem" a minute ago at your speaker post. I am so sorry man.......and I pray that everything works out ok. Maybe it's not too serious and you can continue to enjoy your phones. I know how much you love 'em.

Don't do anything hasty until you know more about the situation.

Rick

frown.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 21
Congraduations Rick, I'm sure you can't hardly wait. Once you get those babies broken in we should do another Bay Area get-together so we can all hear them...maybe in Santa Cruz!

It would be interesting to know your thought process in deciding on these. Did you hear them somewhere?

Oct 26, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 21
I'm not jealous... not at all...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 21
Thanks KurtW and everyone.

I would love to bring them to the Bay area meeting. As far as thought process goes, I have been considering this move ever since I read darth nut's wonderful review at Headwize several months ago.(If you haven't read this, do yourself a favor)

Today, I just got tired of thinking about buying them and decided to "pull the trigger". I have never heard them, but I have a feeling that they will be something "special".

Rick

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 21
Rick, waiting is a bitch. Doesn't matter if it's for the Stax or for the dentist, it's all a bitch. Congrats on taking the plunge. Perhaps it's time for a new forum entitled "Expensive, Enviable Earspeakers."

Look forward to your impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 21
phoneprone,

Congratulations, man! I'm absolutely desperate to hear these 'phones myself, and will hopefully get a chance at the Detroit Head-Fi get-together.

After they arrive, please make sure to tell us what you think, beginning with your first impressesions (as though I need to ask you to do this!).

Psychic powers (rubbing temples, eyes closed
wink.gif
) tell me that you're going to dig 'em, man.

Oct 26, 2001 at 5:47 PM Post #15 of 21
I think it's much better than the previous one, much more prfessional looking. fonts are a bit small tho. but B&W rules
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back