Just ordered the Iriver 2
Sep 19, 2001 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Peddler

1000+ Head-Fier
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Hi Y'All

I'm sitting here listening to the Rio Volt CD/MP3 player that I purchased today from my local Argos. Sound quality wise, this player is actually very impressive. However, having just read a review of the Iriver 2, I've decided to order it from Greycommerce.com. So this player is going back to Argos in the next couple of days.

I'm really hoping that this player resolves the problems with playing standard CD's whilst on the move. The Rio Volt PSX 100 just can't handle being moved around. It's generally OK when playing MP3's - but still tends to suffer the occasional stutter when walking around.

From what I have read, the Iriver 2 has a better anti-shock memory and higher headphone output. Although this player is reasonably OK level wise, it would be nice to have a little more.

If the Iriver 2 is all it's cracked up to be, I shall be selling my Sony D-915 Discman - just out of curiousity, anyone in the UK interested for around £75? Perfect condition with a spare set of the gumstick batteries. Note that this is a tentative sell at the moment - the new player should be with me in around a month to 6 weeks all being well.

I will keep you all posted.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2001 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Befores you sell your Sony, why don't you compare it with the Iriver2 and the first version. I would like to know how it sounds with normal cd's, so I can decide if I buy one or not. Besides, we really need to do this comparisions, since most reviews just focus on the MP3 playing capabilities and not normal audio. That would settle a lot of questions.

Sep 21, 2001 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 5
hi, lookin forward to hearing about your experiences with the Iriver2/sp250..... Im either getting that or a smaller non-cd based mp3 player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back