Aug 3, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Lou,

I call dibs on your pair when you sell them
wink.gif

HAHA, I was just going to post that!
biggrin.gif

Lou: get the HD 414 pads so you keep them an extra week or 2!

Aug 3, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 31
Congrats Lou! I do find them to be a bit more forgiving than the RS-1, hope they work well with your system. Don't forget to burn them in for a few hundred hours
rs1smile.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
jpelg
ok if I don't like them you can have them for 370.00 shipped.Keep in touch with me after I get them in about a week. Its going to take 2 weeks to get them. Grado is on vacation. I had the RS1 and didn't like it for the money. Might be because of my medium system and I think the RS1 shins with a high end system. I am hoping the RS2 are more forgiving with that.

IMHO both the RS1 and RS2 shine with warm tube amplification and a smooth/open sounding source. Flat pads mush up their already anemic soundstage and goose the mids excessively, to the point of overwhelming the treble. IMHO there are better ways to warm a wood Grado, than with flat pads.

FYI... Johns reference amp when tweeking his designs is a 6DJ8 loaded melos and an RA1... both warm, colored and "musical" amps.

Hope you enjoy them Lou...

Garrett

Aug 3, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce
I ordered mine this morning! I wonder if I'll miss my SA5000.

You will.

Wow, now that's nice. Why do you say that?

Aug 3, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
http://www.powermax.com type in rs2. there is a phone number that they have and I called it to get the price. on line you pay full price

Curious... does Grado honor their 1 year warranty with this seller?

???
Garrett

Aug 4, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce
Wow, now that's nice. Why do you say that?

Because I've owned them both and they both do some things great and some things not that great. I couldn't decide which one to sell so I kept them both until I heard W5000. After that I sold all my cans.

Aug 4, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #26 of 31
lol they changed the price already? i wonder how many ppl from this forum reported http://www.powermax.com to grado. seen how much hate posts were generated from the previous thread, some of them prob worried about resell value of their own cans.

anyway good on ya for catching this one
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #29 of 31
Aw man, that sucks.
frown.gif

No cash to burn on a set....priced so nice!

Aug 4, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostlamb
Aw man, that sucks.
frown.gif

No cash to burn on a set....priced so nice!

Yeah
frown.gif

me too
frown.gif
frown.gif

....major double bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back