Just ordered the E500 without listening to them first!
Mar 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mojo777

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I received E4C as a gift last week and after numerous side-by-side comparisons to my K701 (I know not fair) I decided that they were not in the same league and I had to have in-ears that got close. So I packed up the E4C and am shipping them back today without my wife's knowledge of course and am having the E500PTH cross-shipped. I was going to order the SE530 but the online dealer said for the same price they would throw in a new set of AKG K27i's. Well, I could not pass that up for just a color difference between the two.

Well I hope that they perform to my liking. After scouring the search threads I feel I made the right decision......

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 6
lucky in Singapore, there is shops like Jaben Network and Stereo Electronics for us to test out. and every friday, there will be audiophiles gathering at Jaben Network.

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I could not pass that up for just a color difference between the two.

There is no color difference. The E500s and E530s are identical.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
I really hope you like them; they are great IEMs.

My only concern is that you will find the sound signature very different from your 701s. Now, that's not to say that you won't like them. It's just that whenever I have tried 701s I just can't seem to get into them. I much prefer HD600s or even 650s. These seem closer to the sound I get from my Shures.

Either way, sounds like you got a pretty good deal on them. And, let us know what you think when they arrive.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no color difference. The E500s and E530s are identical.

Even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back