Just ordered the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 headphones for 270 dollars "like new" on amazon
Dec 5, 2016 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

VocaloidDude

500+ Head-Fier
Did I make a bad mistake? There are supposed to be really good, I've been wanting a pair of these since I read a review by jude saying they're "desert island headphones" and they can even be driven out of a mobile phone. I hope they scale well with my magni 2 and modi amp/dad or play out of my fiio x5 ii. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 17
As long as you didn't have to contact the seller to arrange payment...I think you should be OK.  I just looked and there's a pair for 270...but says to contact the seller.  That I will not do.  Many people are getting ripped off that way.

I did buy my HD600's like new off of Amazon (and they were as described).  

Hope you get/like your T1's!  

Bern

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 17
  As long as you didn't have to contact the seller to arrange payment...I think you should be OK.  I just looked and there's a pair for 270...but says to contact the seller.  That I will not do.  Many people are getting ripped off that way.

I did buy my HD600's like new off of Amazon (and they were as described).  

Hope you get/like your T1's!  

Bern

Are you ******* serious? That's the one I purchased. How do you think I'll get ripped off that way? Do you think amazon will cover it if it turns out I did? I don't see how they could get away with not sending me the headphones. 

I did one click purchase, I didn't contact the seller to make the payment. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 17
  Are you ******* serious? That's the one I purchased. How do you think I'll get ripped off that way? Do you think amazon will cover it if it turns out I did? I don't see how they could get away with not sending me the headphones. 

I did one click purchase, I didn't contact the seller to make the payment. 

As long as you purchased through Amazon's payment system you'll be alright.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 17
Man I'm pissed off. I can't believe they cancelled the order of the headphones. They probably don't even have headphones and just set up the sale to scam people. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #10 of 17
  LAUGH MY ******* ASS OFF IT IS A SCAMMER, THEY CANCELLED THE ORDER!

There was some discussion about this in the t1 thread a while back i think

b/c the prices were fluctuating on amazon UK

some people theorizing these scammers either get people to pay them offsite, BUT ALSO... that they're low prices screw up the amazon algorithms so the prices drop on amazon albeit for a short duration.

I witnessed this first hand with wild fluxes of the t1 on amazon.co.uk with the T1 in paticular, it went up and down in minutes sometimes ranging in hundred of pounds

i think if one were to buy when the price dropped, it would be fulfilled which would make for easy flips

anyway, its interesting how scammers work,

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #11 of 17
Well this really blows. I saw another one go brand new for 400 dollars on amazon. I bet that one was fake too. Maybe if I end up selling this brand new magnavox odyssey 2 that have, or my unopened promotional edition atari that I'm selling on ebay right now, I'll be able to get an actual like new pair of the headphones for amazon for around 600 dollars. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #12 of 17
The lowest i've come across is 450 for a like new on ebay. I'm sure with the new t1.2 you'll see a few more at the least in the 350-450 range.

Its all about hunting for deals

I remember i hunted ebay for 5 years for a pair of hockey skates (pro version)  that i wanted b/c Pavel Bure wore them
biggrin.gif

and i got lucky because i got it, and the same in an inline hockey skate
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 17
  Well this really blows. I saw another one go brand new for 400 dollars on amazon. I bet that one was fake too. Maybe if I end up selling this brand new magnavox odyssey 2 that have, or my unopened promotional edition atari that I'm selling on ebay right now, I'll be able to get an actual like new pair of the headphones for amazon for around 600 dollars. 

Amazon does have a warehouse section...basically returns that are usually 15-20% off.  Under todays' deals>open boxed and used.  I bought my B&W P7 wireless that way and they were basically brand new.  

Bern

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 17
I reported the son of a bitch to amazon, hopefully they at least ban his account. At best I would hope they arrest the sack of **** for fraud. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #15 of 17
Okay so, since the seller cancelled the order and I still apparently have a charge on my account, is amazon going to refund my money eventually since the seller cancelled the order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back